350z rb26dett.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkei09

Saw a lot of posts of 240sx with gtr motor but what about a z33 with a rb26dett.???Any infos.??

my main concern are :

1- where can i get a rb26dett from a r33 or 34 <------(dream)
2- engine bay ( how much fab work )
3- it will be mostly custom , how much money .?? ( advice from s14/rb )
4- what other custom parts will be needed.??

thanks.!!!!!

nikkei09 said:
Saw a lot of posts of 240sx with gtr motor but what about a z33 with a rb26dett.???Any infos.??

my main concern are :

1- where can i get a rb26dett from a r33 or 34 <------(dream)
2- engine bay ( how much fab work )
3- it will be mostly custom , how much money .?? ( advice from s14/rb )
4- what other custom parts will be needed.??

thanks.!!!!!
You need to talk to s14_drift here on mr

pour te donner une idée
Regarde ce vidéo la une 350z rb26dett tester par le King Keiichi Tsuchiya
clique sur ce lien

http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?t=317373&highlight=350z+rb26

for a rb26 front clip with rb25 rwd tranny your looking at about 5-6k$. + labour + custom parts.... i'd say ballpark 15k$

should be a easy swap ...
customs engine/tranny mounts
maybe the frame near the radiator will have to be cut and some other minor changes like this

200sxBoY said:
should be a easy swap ...
customs engine/tranny mounts
maybe the frame near the radiator will have to be cut and some other minor changes like this
I like people that know their stuff.
You are doing engine swap i like this.

i am sure it is more complicated.....i would say at least for 12-15k + rb26 . 5k on a front clip and have 10k left for driveshaft, wiring harness, mounts....Any experts.???

s13/s14 with rb , where you guys at ???? This would be a crazy setting..!!!!

nikkei09 said:
i am sure it is more complicated.....i would say at least for 12-15k + rb26 . 5k on a front clip and have 10k left for driveshaft, wiring harness, mounts....Any experts.???

s13/s14 with rb , where you guys at ???? This would be a crazy setting..!!!!

Well i actually told you whats involved!

honestly if i had the money for a 350z and a rb, i'd go with a standalone , get the engine mounts/crossmember moutns made and the wiring would be a joke ...
fitting the engine in the engine bay is a joke .. maybe some frame removin at the front (no big deal) or relocalisation of the radiator (no big deal neither) ... probably a oil pan would have to be made with a new tube for the oil pickup
and some frame cutting to get the shifter in the car

NO BIG DEAL ... if i would do it myself it would cost peanuts ... but if you get it done expect the 15k

Isn't the VQ35 a much better base? I mean 350's pushing well over 1000hp aren't a new thing, maybe you should stick to your engine and put the money into turboing it ?

the vq35 is a new motor > a lot of ppl have blew their motor up with aftermarket turbo setup...I know with built motor, good return fuel system and good tuning will make it safe but how much will it cost : 20k -25k.???

The Rb26 was made for turbo , not the Vq35 and it will pretty unique...

PS: 200sxBoy are you the guy from automotion.??? if not , what shop.???

nikkei09 said:
the vq35 is a new motor > a lot of ppl have blew their motor up with aftermarket turbo setup...I know with built motor, good return fuel system and good tuning will make it safe but how much will it cost : 20k -25k.???

The Rb26 was made for turbo , not the Vq35 and it will pretty unique...

PS: 200sxBoy are you the guy from automotion.??? if not , what shop.???

i run my own shop
i am absolutly not affiliated with automotion
i could do your swap when i get the time cause right now im overloaded with other jobs
you can still pm me for more info, i can at least point you at the right places

This is a popular swap in japan and due to the lighter weight of the RB26 which is a proven powerplant that was designed for Turbo in the first place. Sure you can boost the stock VQ, but starting with an RB26 base, youll have so much potential, and you wont run into many reliability issues. If I were you, Id sell the Z and do what Nick or Nicko did and bring a R34 GTR or GTS from japan, unless you dont like RHD. Automotion will be able to help you do this btu youre looking at a lot of money. the problem is not getting the Front Clip, its getting the Mounts and all the custom piping, and cutom wiring, and Driveshaft and what not. Anyways I hope this helps but you probably knew already.

Cheers
Tim

200sxBoY said:
i run my own shop
i am absolutly not affiliated with automotion
i could do your swap when i get the time cause right now im overloaded with other jobs
you can still pm me for more info, i can at least point you at the right places

appreciated.!!!!! I will get in touch with you...

surfinturf said:
This is a popular swap in japan and due to the lighter weight of the RB26 which is a proven powerplant that was designed for Turbo in the first place. Sure you can boost the stock VQ, but starting with an RB26 base, youll have so much potential, and you wont run into many reliability issues. If I were you, Id sell the Z and do what Nick or Nicko did and bring a R34 GTR or GTS from japan, unless you dont like RHD. Automotion will be able to help you do this btu youre looking at a lot of money. the problem is not getting the Front Clip, its getting the Mounts and all the custom piping, and cutom wiring, and Driveshaft and what not. Anyways I hope this helps but you probably knew already.

Cheers
Tim

The 15 years law doesnt apply...??? i saw skyline but all r32....are you sure that the r34 will be street legal.?

nikkei09 said:
The 15 years law doesnt apply...??? i saw skyline but all r32....are you sure that the r34 will be street legal.?
it does apply except niko found a loop hole in the system and was able to get a R34 in. Don'T expect him to do the same for you, he likes the attention of being the only one and thats fully understandable. BUt yes, the law prohibits younger cars to be imported, so don't count on that ever hapening without breaking the law.

you can that r34 around no problems with the police or its just for show and you must not drive it around other then for shows ??

How long will the R34 be legal ?

(not trying to flame , just want to know)

cuz you would better be off buying a R34 then swaping an engine in a 350z ... you have to get a RB rwd tranny (rb25-rb20...rb30??) and get some custom stuff done

But if you want a 330z then it's a different story

The car is street legal as long as you pay your immatriculation each year. You can get insured, get pulled over and never be worried about anything. The haters are the only things that is annoying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back