Y pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMax96

Legacy Member
Did someone here bought a Y pipe for his 4th gen Maxima? I would like to know the brand you bought and the price you pay for it? Does it sound good or like crap? Some comments would be verry appreciated!

yup, over here :)

i bought mine from budget exhaust... 250 final price... includes shipping. it's from a company in ontario... :)

So far it sounds pretty good... at first it gave a weird sound, but I guess it just needed to be worn in a bit. Now when the pipe gets really hot, it actually gives me a low deep sound. Very nice!

I would combine it with a CAI or HAI right away though. Would give a better sound overall. :)

hell yeah... i noticed a difference right away actually...

the ecu didn't even have time to adjust to the new setting... :)

I floored it on the 132, and 3rd gear just flowed right to redline in no time. Compared to stock... 4th was pretty much the same.

Trust me, you'll notice right away when you start driving....

first gear is too quick to notice, but 2nd and 3rd... you'll notice the diff right away in those gears.

now I really need to get that damned variable intake!

This is what i wanted to hear!!:D

I will call mine in two weeks cause now i'm waiting for my clear bumpers and my fstb. I will also call a rear sway bar!

Thanks to you multiplexor:bigup: !

Variable intake ...how many this cost ? and this coming with a larger trottle body ?

VI costs about 1,000$ canadian... about... it's really around 980$...

Oh I believe everything is the same size. It's just the extra plennum which makes the air flow quicker thats the difference.

I want it this summer... badly! :)

I already have the FSTB and the RSB. it's sooooo worth it... The difference is incredible.

I could not drive fast for a couple days once the RSB was installed. I was just not used to the big difference.

Drifter, did you mean clear corners? or really clear bumbers? ;-) hehe I got the clear corners for xmas, really makes the maxima look nicer. Another mod to get... hehe

What i bought is clear bumpers! They look sooo nice !! I didn't know that clears corners can be availible?! I know you receive them for christmas but did you know the price for them and wich company sells them? :confused:

You have a rear strut bar or a rear sway bar? I don't know if i must buy a sway bar or a strut bar for the rear or both of them?

Originally posted by Driftter
What i bought is clear bumpers! They look sooo nice !! I didn't know that clears corners can be availible?! I know you receive them for christmas but did you know the price for them and wich company sells them? :confused:

You have a rear strut bar or a rear sway bar? I don't know if i must buy a sway bar or a strut bar for the rear or both of them?

clear bumber?? i gotta see pictures of this to get a better idea :) hehe

it was my brother who bought me the clear corners. From www.custommaxima.com.

They have alot of maxima stuff there.

I have a rear sway bar. Did i say strut? woopsy... :) yeah it's a RSB. VERY cool! hehe

for our car, a RSTB or rear strut bar is not very usefull... won't see a big difference :(

You probably have the Diamond cut bumpers lignts from customMaxima don't you? It's what i got.

I just recive my fstb today and just install it!! :bigup: Yes you said rstb:D by the way i will bough a rear sway bar and my speed shop said rstb don't exist for our maxima?!

Originally posted by Driftter
You probably have the Diamond cut bumpers lignts from customMaxima don't you? It's what i got.

I just recive my fstb today and just install it!! :bigup: Yes you said rstb:D by the way i will bough a rear sway bar and my speed shop said rstb don't exist for our maxima?!

Yeah that's it... i totally forgot the name for the lights... they are diamonds :)

Actually a RSTB does exist for the maxima... it's just VERY rare :)
I can probably find a maxima who does have one installed... from the .org. It's just not worth it... That's probably why i end up saying RSTB and RSB like they are the same word... hehe

yeah I have the RSB :) Took me 30 minutes to install it... doesn't take very long, you can do it very easily. If you need help installing it or anything... lemme know :D hehe

hmm and clear bumpers... I'm going to have to see pictures of that when you have it installed... i'm curious what it looks like :)

I got the same thing as your Diamond cut clear bumpers except mines are from APC products.

I recieved my FSTB from Vibrant and install it! :bigup: I notice a difference when cornering. Just can't wait to call my RSB and my Y pipe. My speed shop said that they will have prices today for that!

Thanks for the help to install the RSB but i will be ok to do the work!:bigup:

cool. you'll be very happy with the install... :)

Curious: your speed shop does the install? or they will be making the y-pipe?

By the way Multiplexor have you ever change your spark plugs in your car?? I go to the dealer today and he told me sparks plugs for our Maxima are 120+ taxes for 6?!!!!:eek: That's verrrrrryyyy pricy don't you think? I know it's platinium but 120 bucks...

yeah i changed my plugs like last year during summer i think it was... it's tricky... especially the rear ones.

and yeah..... those things are expensive! I had gone straight to the dealer to pick them up... I think the dealer was charging the same price as you would normally charge for the plugs though.

I think i remember checking CDN tire and they woudl have totally up to around the same price? I could be wrong... can't remember that far... hehe

They are NGK platinum tipped i think.

Yes they are ngk platinium and they don't have it on Canadian Tire for Maxima...:cry: I will try to find a better price. I will call a UAP and a Carquest if they have some...

I just call at a few places and the best price i got for these sparks plug is 18$/1 spark plug. I have no choice... :(

yeah that's it! I had gone to look at CDN tire and they didn't have it......

oye... hehe they are pretty damn expensive... but worth it in the end :D

oh, never get the bosh quad tip ones... i think they are called... the maxima doesn't seem to like them very much... gave a bunch of other maxima users problems.

Yeah, with japanese cars japanese sparks plugs!:D

The guy at Canadian Tire told me i can use some Bosh spark plugs or Champion sparks plugs... Champion goes in lawn mower and Bosh in German cars.:rolleyes: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back