So I found what's wrong with my tires...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teko

Legacy Member
Here is my previous post regarding the problems with my tires/wheels...

http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367420

Went to RMR yestaurday and found out what happens, the leaking is from the wheels at where the 2 pieces meet, see the pic below...

The only solution may be take the 2 pieces wheels apart and remount them, I want a good wheels shop to do it~ Anyone can recommand a shop dealing with some high end wheels, multi pieces wheels? RMR has never seen this kind of problem b4... so I guess not every shop wants to touch that and I don't want just any shop to touch my wheels... :(

Call up Exact Wheel Repair on hymus. Ask Viktor.

I don't know if its more expensive than Pjacques or wtv.. but he does better jobs for sure.

He did mine.. and it was simply perfect.

wow i never seen a problem like that

give Auto Bugatti a call i'm sure they can do it and there work is pretty much perfection

What about P-Jacques.. Everyone seems to rave about him... Never dealt with him but everyone seems very satisfied with his work..

fredobd said:
What about P-Jacques.. Everyone seems to rave about him... Never dealt with him but everyone seems very satisfied with his work..

I've dealt with PJacques b4... not really satisfied with their work... They couldn't even do machine lips with my previous wheels... (that was 2 years ago though)

To Laylow: Do you have the address of the Exact Wheel Repair? I may just drive there and let them see the wheels, hard to explain on the phone...

There is a wheel repair guy on Grande Alle in St.Hubert on the shore who took my 2 piece OZ)wheels apart to polish them and then re assembled them and they were problem free.

I think I have his card at home I'll check tonight, becuase his price and service were great...

Frankenstein VW said:
I think I have his card at home I'll check tonight, becuase his price and service were great...

Thx a lot... appreciate it... *tu*

I also found the address of the exact wheel, thx... :)

I've dealt with exact wheel, so has my friend, and we were both unhappy with the job. I don't recomend it there.

P. Jacques is the best. The biggest and best equipped.

They took apart my BBS RX2 and there was no problem

I guess your wheels are 3-piece. Are they Lm's? Lets see a full pic of the car. ;)

Exact Wheels tried to rip me off. It looks like they do decent stuff but the guy who seemed to run the place came out and was acting all dramatic "Oh my oh my oh my!! Those wheels are a disaster, you don't even want to know how much it will cost to repair!" He ended up quoting me 350$ for a job that PJacque said they would do for 150$...

Meh

Frankenstein VW said:
There is a wheel repair guy on Grande Alle in St.Hubert on the shore who took my 2 piece OZ)wheels apart to polish them and then re assembled them and they were problem free.

Polissage St-Hubert, right? good guys, one of the workers their bought my old jetta

v70Rsik said:
P. Jacques is the best. The biggest and best equipped.

They took apart my BBS RX2 and there was no problem

I guess your wheels are 3-piece. Are they Lm's? Lets see a full pic of the car. ;)

RX-2 have nowhere for the air to leak form however because they are 2 piece. 3piece wheels have to have the proper sealants and torque applied to them.

VwAlex said:
RX-2 have nowhere for the air to leak form however because they are 2 piece. 3piece wheels have to have the proper sealants and torque applied to them.

je sais pas si c'est comme mes RMs... mais les deux pièces peuvents perdent...

I've seen it more than a couple of times... montreal roads arent kind to ANY mag wheels so dont start bashing Fast wheels

laylow38 said:
je sais pas si c'est comme mes RMs... mais les deux pièces peuvents perdent...

Pas les rx-2, le centre s'enleve, le reste est tout un pieces. Tu pourrait mettre un pneu sans le centre et ca perderait pas d'air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back