Death in Ile bizard - Stolen Jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mise à jour: 22/08/2006 07h42

LCN

20060822-074252-g.jpg

Délit de fuite

Il vole une voiture et tue une cycliste!

(D'après PC) - Un individu a été arrêté, tard hier soir, en rapport avec le délit de fuite mortel survenu en fin d'après-midi à l'Île-Bizard, à Montréal.
Le jeune homme de 24 ans a été cueilli à son domicile du secteur de Sainte-Geneviève, dans le nord de l'île de Montréal. Il a été interrogé par les policiers et demeure détenu. Il devrait faire l'objet d'accusations criminelles, soit délit de fuite causant la mort et vol de véhicule.

Une cycliste de 43 ans de l'Île-Bizard a perdu la vie lors de l'accident survenu à l'angle des rues Bélair et Bord-du-Lac après un vol de véhicule.

Dans sa fuite, le suspect a heurté la cycliste et a fini sa course contre un poteau. Il a ensuite pris la fuite à pied.

http://lcn.canoe.com/lcn/infos/faitsdivers/archives/2006/08/20060822-074252.html

The car thief was known by police. To complicate matters, the owner of the stolen jeep, drove his GF car to pursue this thief. The thief lost control and hit a pole and a cyclist in the process.

Can we also blame also the owner of the stolen jeep who took the law in the his hands and chased this thief? He was also the guy who called police.

I didnt really knew her but she was the wife of my second neighbor. She wasn't in her 20s but she was still only 44 :(

RIP.

The car thief was known by police. To complicate matters, the owner of the stolen jeep, drove his GF car to pursue this thief. The thief lost control and hit a pole and a cyclist in the process.

Can we also blame also the owner of the stolen jeep who took the law in the his hands and chased this thief? He was also the guy who called police.

So you'd just sit there, watch some douchebag steal your car and go 'hmmm ok let's call the cops'? As you know alot of times, cops don't really do much or cannot help you (lack of info)
Anybody here would've done the same. I'm just very pissed that an innocent bystander lost his/her life.
I hope this f*cktard gets life in prison or at least a LONG time in the can

when you get behind someone in a stolen car in a case like that, you can very offten make the matter more complicated. Now the thief has to worry about you as well and "getting away " from you so speed offten goes up, safty goes down, public security goes at risk. Most people do not have the traing to deal with that type of matter and takeing the law into your own hands Can cause out comes like this. (that is not saying it was the main factor in this event)

ses mon ensien jeep ..jlavais vendu a un gars de lile-bizare
jtrouve sa dommage de le voir dememe :(

who cares about teh jeep, yea you have a sentimental attachment to it, but someone lost their life...the jeep is steel, which is replaceable, a life isnt...

Agreed with comments below.

You cannot take the law in your own hands.

when you get behind someone in a stolen car in a case like that, you can very offten make the matter more complicated. Now the thief has to worry about you as well and "getting away " from you so speed offten goes up, safty goes down, public security goes at risk. Most people do not have the traing to deal with that type of matter and takeing the law into your own hands Can cause out comes like this. (that is not saying it was the main factor in this event)

Agreed with comments below.

You cannot take the law in your own hands.

As rational as that is, there is no way in hell im going to watch some douchebag drive away with my car with my arms crossed and do nothing. Calling the cops usually get you ZERO unless someone is getting hurt physically which this wouldnt be the case.

The trick is not to chase them agressively, lay back and keep some distance while informing the cops about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back