vg30dett??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissan_rulez

salut, j'ai comme projet de mettre un vg30dett dans ma 240sx 1990... juste pour savoir, est-ce ke kkun parmi vous la déja fait? pis est-ce ke c'est possible de le faire, pcq ca vaudrait pas mal la peine... bcp plus puissant kun sr20det, pour p-e moin...

it is possible to do, its a lot more expensive than swapping in a sr20,

The rb26dett puts out: Horse Power: 280hp @6800rpm,Torque: 368Nm @4400rpm, costs around 4799.00 US dollars...

The Sr20 puts out: Horse Power:205hp @6000rpm, Torque: 203Lbs@4800rpm, engine costs about 1500 US dollars.

Also dont forget you have to buy intercooler etc...

so i hope you have cash...

Possible de le faire, mais extrêmement cher et fastidieux (Ce n'est pas bolt-on dutout)!!! N'est pas recommendé!! Coté prix, le SR est dur à battre.

There is a guy in the states that can make you all the members that you need to fit it in... but all in all, then you have to find someone willing to figure out the wiring... then you MIGHT (seems to depend on application) have to knock out your fenders... its an s13 you have, I know the s14 is a litte lwider, and it fits in there, but seems to me you have to do some body work to wedge it in there... IT would be more feasable to do the older vg30et swap.. it is smaller, and can still take 400+ hp on the stock bottom... but as said before... lots of custom fab wrok, and I am betting if you have a 90 240sx, in montreal... your frame will be rotten more than you know and wouldn't take the abuse anyways.

Which one goes into the Skyline?

I was actually thinking of getting a 240sx the later years(92) and trying to fit another engine in it.

What are the big difference, and what would be my best choice?
Body work and mecanical are no big problem.

Im looking for something toward the 280 and up hp.
and same for the torque...

thx

Robin at Automotion can easily do the wiring. I'm sure of that. I am also assuming he would do just for bragging rights.

Originally posted by 97_240sx
There is a guy in the states that can make you all the members that you need to fit it in... but all in all, then you have to find someone willing to figure out the wiring... then you MIGHT (seems to depend on application) have to knock out your fenders... its an s13 you have, I know the s14 is a litte lwider, and it fits in there, but seems to me you have to do some body work to wedge it in there... IT would be more feasable to do the older vg30et swap.. it is smaller, and can still take 400+ hp on the stock bottom... but as said before... lots of custom fab wrok, and I am betting if you have a 90 240sx, in montreal... your frame will be rotten more than you know and wouldn't take the abuse anyways.

If you are looking into big power there is also RB swap. Still wainting to see one ...

Horsepoop. Lol. I can find an RB I am sure. The fact remains. Ask the question on Freshalloy, there is a guy named "mattback" who claims to have built a kit that is all you need for the frame work to drop it into a fastback. I think he was quoting like 1000 american at the time... but never built it (freshalloy does not like comercial posts).... plus if you are looking for huge power, go look at the list of shit on twinturbopete's car... and anyone will tell you that that is not penuts in money... he was real balsy kept the tt setup (I love that you did that) and imagine paying 2-3000 per turbo. Then everything that comes with an extra 2 cylinders, the wieght in the light car etc etc.... 400hp SR's are all over the states now, petes 600hp 300 is an amazing feat. Yeah its 200 extra lbs, but the engine, the cost, the extra parts the fab work... I am betting that you would shit your pants in a 400hp SR anyways... it will more than quench your thirst for sick power.... and cost less. Now and in the long run, and make the same power. You will throw the weight balance of the car off.... screw up the front suspension (throw an extra what 100-150lbs on the front axles) etc... etc... etc. Do an SR, if you want a torque monster, get a twin cam KA, and turbo that. If you decide to do that, I can find you the price to make a real good kit for it with all the parts you need... But you haven't even indicated the reason for needing such huge power yet.

Osaka has both the RB25DET(Skyline RWD, inline 6cyl) & the VG30DETT(300ZX, V6). Both JDM versions have 280hp(JDM max hp by law)

I've seen on the net, a guy who put a RB in his 240, but not a VG.

By physical size comparisons, the VG is HUGE compared to the RB.

Last edited:
You are saying that they actually have one in their garage! Or they can import one? I've never seen an RB there.....

The RB swap is common in the States... but the RB20DETT not the RB26... Actually there, it costs less to put an RB20 than a SR20 i heard!

Nobody installed an RB engine in Quebec yet! I wouldn't want to be the first one!

And people, forget the VG!!! If you have that much money, buy an SR and upgrade it to the max! OR build a bullet-proof KA24DE-T (my dream)

What exactly consist of the rb20dett. I've heard of rb20det but dett? Must be some kind of hybrid monster?

God... anything will fit in anything with enough work. YES the rb25 will fit, YET the rb20 will fit, so with the vg30, the rb26, and various v8's... its all about money and fab work.

True! :D Anything fits with a lil $$$ (k a lot)

I saw some Chevy's 350 in 240sx (what a shock) mouahahaha!

But why go complex and expensive when you can do it simple !!

Originally posted by Devilish240
True! :D Anything fits with a lil $$$ (k a lot)

I saw some Chevy's 350 in 240sx (what a shock) mouahahaha!

But why go complex and expensive when you can do it simple !!

Yah if it's the same car. IT's a Lt1 396 Stroked. Crazy videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back