Subaru Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

M85Iroc-Z

Legacy Member
Everytime i wash my Impreza i get pissed off. its a 2004 model, and with all the chips, scratches and dents it looks like its 15 years old! Why is Subaru F*cking retarded when it comes to body & paint? they cant paint a car like the germans and americans do? or make thicker sheetmetal?

You know, im happy with the car mechanically. its great, reliable, never gives me trouble. But its horrible with body & paint! after my last wash i noticed a chip in the paint thats starting to form surface rust.

I've spoken with other owners, and they tell me the same things about paint. Its too bad Subarus are this way. Its a safe bet i'll be going back to American cars after this one.

Rant over

Subaru as the least durable paint in the industry, hands down. I try not to put myself in the position to get chips, like no offroading or gravel roads. But even with just everyday driving, I have a few chips...

My car is only 6 years old and i had to do a full paintjob last winter, I had 10 or 15 spot of surface rust all around the car, specialy on the roof...

It's a ''Subarouille''... :run: But damn I love the mechanic :)

Jai certainement pas choisi la Subaru pour la carrosserie , et la durabilité a la corrosion mais bien par choix securitaire, qualité hivernale et fiabilité.

yeah its a great car performance, reliability wise, winter performance is awesome, but winter also does a real number on the paint.

Mario, Subaru's are crap. Ive told you this 100X over!

haha theyre no hondas if thats what you mean ( i assume you own one since your nick is k20z1or do you have a gold?? mk4vr6???) but dont bash scoobies man they rock to hell man, i love em and you know what i own a honda. and guys its not just sub which has prob with paint. its the japs. its like swiss cheese my front en now.

jeeez what a shame... and subarus arent so cheap either... I still love Sti but i guess u need a new paint job, right of the bat when buying it.... so lame!

There's no place for a comment like that here in this section.

theres no place for haters anywhere on this forum, we had one on our honda link,. i think he got the point. you wanna hate then go find another fu...ker like you and hate on each other like a bunch of retards. and above all dont hate on a car which brings yours to shame.....

My post was addresed to the thread starter, a good friend of mine, running a on going gag. If you guys did not see that, well i cant do anything for fanb...i mean you great buch of automotive enthusiasts...

theres no place for haters anywhere on this forum, we had one on our honda link,. i think he got the point. you wanna hate then go find another fu...ker like you and hate on each other like a bunch of retards. and above all dont hate on a car which brings yours to shame.....

go play in the honda forum ;)

should get a paint protector :p wish i made them, but theres not enough of a market for it here!

yes there is man do it!!

btw my friend bought his impreza and when he drove it home he notice there was already a paint chip in it LOL
so he returned it and got another one

yeah serves me right for backing up the scoobie boys... ok well i know when im not wanted.

yeah...thats it, honda sucks. Unfortunatly i dont have a car to back up our usual arguements. Chevy Balt doesnt work too well.

I've heard alot of japanese companies are really weak on paint. Probably the least ive heard is Toyota. As far as my experience goes. I was ok with my old STI, regular scratches and dings because of idiots who open doors to close by. But nothing horrible. I recommend getting a front bumper bra, that thing is clear and holds off a whole bunch of scratches on the front of the car.

one of the reasons japanese paint sux is because they have very strict chemical pollution control in japan. all that good stuff that makes paint strong and resistant is often also bad for the environment. american cars dont have to meet these laws and therefore can make more resistant paint at the environment's cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back