Passats among the most Aerodynamic Cars in History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenstein VW

Legacy Member
I think that the B6 did take a step back, but the B5 and B5.5 are among the most aerodynamic cars on the road. The only current production cars that are more aerodynamic are the Honda Insight .25 COD, Lexus LS 430 .25COD and the Toyota Prius .26 COD. Passats B5-5.5's with an incredible .27 COD are more aerodynamic than Enzo Ferraris and Porsche GT2s. If only it weren't for those stupid antenna's I bet they'd be even higher on the list.
Those aerodynamics are why even a 150BHP engine can propel a stock B5 1.8T to 143 MPH in Europe and a Chipped W8 Six Speed to 285km/h.
Aerodynamics have such a huge effect on top speed that even a 1989 Lexus LS 400 could outrun cars such as Toyota Supra Turbos and Mazda RX7's on long straightaways.
Anyway, here's the list

http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc.../tech_aero.htm

eh ben! It doesn't look that way though... Although it was a nice model, it doesn't have that aerodynamic sports car look to it....

Although I have never tested it I would bet that my Passat has a better top speed than my GTI. Both have about the same power and no governor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back