21 octobre - Come drive your Subaru like it was meant to be driven!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdboy

Banner2006.jpg

Regardez l'annonce pour le rallye de navigation Night Trial. Y'a des videos inclus aussi. :)

Want to run your Subie on great unsurfaced roads, climb steep hills of loose gravel and handbrake-turn it around acute corners? Then I strongly suggest that you check this out. For $35 you get to compete on 210km of the Eastern Townships most exciting country roads. A nav rally is not a race - the goal is to follow the route and arrive at the hidden checkpoints on time (penalties for lateness AND earliness). But believe me, it's fun to do the legal speeds on these roads!!!

J'ai faite la route un fois en Corolla 4wd et un fois en FWD (je suis l'organisateur). C'etait tellement mieux en 4wd - ca va etre fun en Subie c'est sur ! ;)

Hope to see lots of you there. Check out the thread in the General section which has a lot more info.

C'est en 9 jours

Commencez a monter vos phares de rallye - vous pouvez vraiment en profiter pour ce rallye et les trois d'hiver. ;)

Hopefully your car is worth more than the lights, and not the other way around:

imgSentraDisplay03.jpg

as soon as i get a beater rs im soo down, possibly next year...

The roads are in awesome shape. I wouldn't hesitate to do this with a new car - some people run their A4s! There are maybe two short stretches that have holes you want to slow down for, and they're marked in the instructions. The only exception would be if your car is dropped - you might want to raise it or skip out. But yeah, it is fun to do it in a beater and to give it a beating. That's why my friend and I run late eighties cars (when they're not broken). :p

P.S. I will be doing course opening in my daily driver - and I will push hard!

The roads are in awesome shape. I wouldn't hesitate to do this with a new car - some people run their A4s! There are maybe two short stretches that have holes you want to slow down for, and they're marked in the instructions. The only exception would be if your car is dropped - you might want to raise it or skip out. But yeah, it is fun to do it in a beater and to give it a beating. That's why my friend and I run late eighties cars (when they're not broken). :p

P.S. I will be doing course opening in my daily driver - and I will push hard!

my car is dropped with track coil overs....have fun though

You wont get many guys here to rally their cars. Most of them are tuned for taking pictures and driving straight.

You wont get many guys here to rally their cars. Most of them are tuned for taking pictures and driving straight.

Always with the comments, eh Adam? You can't just bite your tongue and act with a bit of respect, you always just have to slip in that rude comment. I thought we had straightened this all out when I telephoned you, but I guess not.

The first part of your comment is somewhat true; alot of us WON'T rally our cars. Reasons? Because they have brand new paint and most of them are set-up for tarmac, not because "they are tuned for taking pics and driving straight".

Big fkn deal, man, so we take alot of pics of our cars, wtf does that have to do with anything? YOU'RE the guy that documented the whole build-up of your car with pics in a dedicated thread, but that's ok because you built it by hand? I mean really, Adam, it's getting old. It's not like you were at St-Eustache every Monday lapping your Mini, so take it easy, you do just as much straight-line as we do. Sure, your car handles amazingly, but SO DOES MINE, and so do alot of the other Subes. And just FYI, most of them have aftermarket suspension components.

So now, you need to stfu. Because your comments are so far from being funny or even being truthful. You're just sh!t-disturbing.

Just stop.

You know what else is sad? Trying to convince somone that a stock STi exhaust is worth $100.00CDN so you can screw them over on a trade for a Short Shifter. :squintfin

oh please, u exagerate whichever way is convinient to make your point. and i laughed at his comment cuz its somewhat true for alot of people on MR, not specifically the subaru section. i didnt realise there was some history behind the comment, i guess it's different if he just said it as a cheap shot. i thought it was in good fun.

guess people are too serious around here...*fag*

oh please, u exagerate whichever way is convinient to make your point. and i laughed at his comment cuz its somewhat true for alot of people on MR, not specifically the subaru section. i didnt realise there was some history behind the comment, i guess it's different if he just said it as a cheap shot. i thought it was in good fun.

guess people are too serious around here...*fag*

The history behind the comment is that Adam has a habit of making rude comments directed at multiple Subaru owners here in this section, and many other rude comments all over MR.

He should act his age.

Marty, cool down abit. You take everything so personally. It isn't healthy; it's not worth loosing your hair over. It's all fine and dandy that you called me at home to voice your opinion by saying Fcuk every 10 seconds. I'll let it pass. I don't hold a grudge. When it’s all said and done we are 2 very different people. I'm not going to STFU because well there is no reason for me too. I'll still bring you out on the ice this winter and hey maybe even to a rally or two. It's all in good fun. But with all that said, im sorry your boys (ill call them that because it seems like your the leader of the pack) treat there cars like cotton puffs because you can have WAY more fun with them driving them the way they were meant to be driven. You know get a stone chip or a bent wheel from time to time. It's all about the adventure. Our Subarus are built damn tough. I remember passing a Jeep climbing a wall in a sandpit with my lowered Impreza and the only damage done was to the Jeep owner’s pride. I wish you could understand that im not putting you or your car down. It's more of a "open your eyes abit" type of thing.

P.S. When I was stuck on the lake lastyear one of "your boys" put it best. He said that his car was "tuned for racing and not towing".... Then he left us to freeze untill someone else lent me his car (another subaru) to tow mine out. But again no grudge, no swaring. Just a good story to tell the kids one day.

I don't think I have anything else to say, but if i think of something ill be sure to let you know.

P.S. When I was stuck on the lake lastyear one of "your boys" put it best. He said that his car was "tuned for racing and not towing".... Then he left us to freeze untill someone else lent me his car (another subaru) to tow mine out. .

Are you serious Adam? man thats pure B.S .Thats what i love best about driving in snow storms, towing out people out of the snow with my impreza :bigup:

I knew you were still sour about the ice incident last winter, but it's time to let that go. That was a choice that he made, you can't justify all the comments towards me and others because of that one incident.

Anyways, it just bothers me how you act like you know what you're talking about. Most of "my boys" drive hard, Monday night's with TLC at St-Eustache, Wednesday Drags at St-Eu, Fridays at Napi, Sanair, and even on the street. You have no idea how the cars are setup or what the members do with them, so you shouldn't make comments that mislead people into thinking you know what you're talking about.

Bottom line is, and you can admit this, most of your comments are negative and uncalled for.

Bottom line is, and you can admit this, most of your comments are negative and uncalled for.

yup I can and thats why I do, for FUN, and you know it. :bigup:
They arnt all directed at you so dont take them to the heart.
Car, engine tuning and suspension setups can be changed for different types of driving. Try something new, it doesn't hurt, well not that much.

Hopefully you'll include yourself on our drive this sunday if you arnt busy.

Ciao.

Re:

adam.. I think your comment is very disrespectfull. the reason i don't rally my car at the track suggested (with all do respect to the organiser) is simply cause it is not challenging enough! our cars are SHOW & GO. we take pics for the SHOW and trust me can very much GO. I've been to every single track in quebec many many times. not going to the suggested rally track is simply cause there are no decent competition. if there were some Evo's or other interesting cars then I would go for the challenge but give me a break I'm not wasting my time with a stripped corolla or Mr. Bean's Mini.The day Rally becomes an active motorsport in Canada or at least in Quebec trust me Ill be the first one to show up, until then I'll be challenging my subie in st-sauver, circuit Mont-tremblant and many other nice narrow streets and fine tracks in quebec.
Cheers,
Osman

The day Rally becomes an active motorsport in Canada or at least in Quebec trust me Ill be the first one to show up

... Try
http://www.rsq.qc.ca/
Not to mention
http://www.carsrally.ca/CARSRally/
Rally is quite big in Canada, especially Quebec!
Sorry to say... youre a little late to be the first to show up!
Oh and if you have time go check out the Newfoundland targa rally. One of the toughest and most competitive/entertaining events by far!
Though amature, these SMC rallies are quite competitive, and id be interested to see you go out there and prove your point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back