2 nails in my tire!! what to do? urgent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haren't ''plug'' style not recommended anymore for garage to use???

I've work in a dealer couple years back and we have to take off the tire from the rim and put a ''patch'' inside with glue (very efficent btw)

My wife have gone to CT and they told her same thing.
___God we looove CT, read this!, About two month ago, we had a leak, I put a plug using the T tool...anyways one day the leak came back and she needed to get it fix now, I've put the spare and send her to CT. Let remind you all that the SPARE TIRE is on the car!! Had it on the left front, very obvious, and they ''found'' a ''leak'' on the right side?!?! She said, hum? ok! But what about the left side lol.... They said it was fine.....so them she said, what about the tire that is leaking in the back of the van??? And can you read your work order??? Aint no problem with the right front buddy!! You can hear the tire pissing air, and its was obvious too!!!
Anyway, so they fix two front tire for free, she lost about an hours.

And the did the patch inside style. And they told her that the plug are not recommended anymore for safety reason.

I LUV CT

Alot of garages (autonomes, not the BIg ones like dealerships or CT) still use the tire plug (T tool). I guess it just has to be done well :dunno: or It might not work well on all tires:dunno:

Driving back home from work I ran over something that put 2 nails in my tire and air is slowly leaking out. What to do? Where to go? Thanks.

Tu vas chez Canadian tire,achete un kit de réparation de crevaison 12$ tu en as pour 10 flat me semble ca viens avec l'outil pour rentrer la corde

Chose a faire
-Enleve ton pneu/roue du char
-Gonfle le et identifie le/les troues avec de l'eau savoneuse
-marque les trous
-Enleve le/les clous un a la fois et pour rentrer la corde c'est mieux si tu le fait avec de l'air dans le pneu et voila tu regonfle après et tu repose tout ca pour la somme de 10$ et il t'en reste pour 8 flat après moi c'est ce que je fait

Fait le toi meme ca donne une satisfaction personelle

DO NOT USE THE THIN BLACK CHEAP ONE YOU WILL HAVE LEAK

USE the big brown one

Alot of garages (autonomes, not the BIg ones like dealerships or CT) still use the tire plug (T tool). I guess it just has to be done well :dunno: or It might not work well on all tires:dunno:

I have work in a garage for 5 years and on like 300 flat i had 2 comeback,but we had good cord (big brown one)you have to cut it so its not too long outside

cut it flush

Driving back home from work I ran over something that put 2 nails in my tire and air is slowly leaking out. What to do? Where to go? Thanks.

Pour une question stupide de même, vend ton auto et prend le bus.... Même ma blonde de qui vient d'avoir son permi sait quoi faire.

Actually the best method is to use a plug and a patch !

I can understand why the patch is the choice of garage, they have to remove your tire from the rim and rebalance$$$ the wheel !

go to c. tire or any tire shop tell them u need plugs for ur tire it's like 6$ each

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO AND NO!

People wake up FFS, when you plug a tire you only make the puncture bigger and you are compromising the integrity of the construction of the tire. plugging tires is fine for rednecks and their pickups, but with today's tires, it is of outmost importance to try and maintain the integrity of the tire as much as possible, unless you want a blow out or a tire that will always leak air.

The only acceptable fix is to patch it from the inside, done by a professional. If you want it done right, i can recommend www.talontire.com, they will take care of it np and will do it RIGHT the first time.

And if your to cheap to pay for a proper fix, then you shouldnt be driving, your a risk to yourself and everyone else on the road.

People wake up FFS, when you plug a tire you only make the puncture bigger and you are compromising the integrity of the construction of the tire. plugging tires is fine for rednecks and their pickups, but with today's tires, it is of outmost importance to try and maintain the integrity of the tire as much as possible, unless you want a blow out or a tire that will always leak air.

The only acceptable fix is to patch it from the inside, done by a professional. If you want it done right, i can recommend www.talontire.com, they will take care of it np and will do it RIGHT the first time.

And if your to cheap to pay for a proper fix, then you shouldnt be driving, your a risk to yourself and everyone else on the road.

um yeah ive done over 100 plugs some of which have done over 15,000 kms on without it leaking again or blowing out, hell on my car i did over that and i beat the shit out of my car and not one problem.

Plug and Patch - the professional way !

14040.gif

um yeah ive done over 100 plugs some of which have done over 15,000 kms on without it leaking again or blowing out, hell on my car i did over that and i beat the shit out of my car and not one problem.

What i said applies to modern high performance cars, not so much to station wagons or soccer mom vans. I too have done thousands of repairs, not even one comeback, nothing.

1-go to Canadian Tire
2-tell the advisor you have 2 holes in the tire
3-make sure he charges you to balance the wheel only once (I used to be an "aviseur technique" at CT and when you put 2 repairs, it automatically charges twice for balancing, and some new guys sometimes forgot about that)now all that shoud come up to about 35 bucks, but is guaranteed the life of the tire, and a patch plug is the best and safest fix out there...

if you're really tight just get the kit, but very often I saw people coming back and their "kit" plug wasnt working, the tire was still leaking air

vend ton char ou met le feu dedans.. t'as pogné un citron mek debarasse toi de ce char la toute suite... 2 clous dans ton tire,si tu les répares qu'est ce qui va arrivé, d'autre problème va sortir, moi personnellement je vendrais mon char. bonne chance mek

Same here

No YOU WAKE UP because im already awaken
i have done over 300 plugs only 2 comeback and on my car too never had a problem you just need to do it right with these cords

These ones are very good
PAR-8100.jpg

they are bigger than the hole of a nail in case the hole is bigger than this(almost never hapen) put a patch but its like 20$

NEVER PUT THESE ONE (small black ones)
350_5052.JPG

Vous etes avertie je dit pas tout ca juste pour le gars qui a parti le tread je dit ca pour tout le monde sur MR
merci

^^ those are fine, that's the kit i was talking about. if you want a truly bombproof job use the t shaped ones. 2 years or tire service and i had maybe one or two guys come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back