sr20det???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr_racing

Legacy Member
salut j aimerais avoir un info kes kil est preferable de mettre ds un 240sx s14 comme sr20det, un s13BT, s13RT ou s14?????
Merci beaucoup

Regarde, si tu veux te mettre un SR20DET dans ta 240sx, va chez OSAKA et puis acete le S13 black ou red top.
Pourquoi? Oui un s14 viens avec un plus gros turbo et moins d'usure, mais ca reste que c'est le meme moteur (tres tres tres semblable....).

un s14 = 5,000 (about)
un S13 = 1500 a 2000.

l'arg3ent que tu sauve en mettant le s13, tu peut le mettre directement sur le moteur (turbo upgrade, injectors....)

the decision is ours, but that's what i'd do....did...uh, yeah...lol

Beaucoup de monde vont te dire qu'ils sont semblable mais moi je te dis de mettre un SR de S14 dans ton S14 ! beaucoup mieux ! je dis sa car le SR de s14 a qque avantage , comme par exemple le VTC et plus encore ! en tk c mon opinion pis je connais des place que tu peux l'avoir pour 500 de plus !

Hey Hillini, don't you think that in the long run, the s13 SR swould be better? Obvioulsy not, but i don't understand...S14's are more scarce, and since they're more scarce, it's harder to find replacement parts for them....no? I don' know...
Yes the S14 comes with more HP, but that isjust because it comes with the t28 instead of the t25. Yes, it's true that the s14 has VVTC(variable valve timing control...something like that, lol) but the truth of the matter is....it's the same damn motor....

However, if you can get the s14 for about the same price....i'd consider it....
lol, when i blow my s13, i'll come see you ;)

merci hilinni je trouve ke ta de bon argument et de bon prix.... mais pour lachat on sen reparle cette ete :p

Its not the same motor at all... god, you guys say so much stuff and you have no idea what you are talking about. And as far ass tuff braking, unless its the VTC (which can just be unplugged) most stuff goes from one to the other really easy. The s13 wiring to the s14 is more complex, but easily done, and their are differences... the whole head design of the s14 is different... the computer, etc etc. And I can get stock s14 and s13 peices without too much trouble, and aftermarket for both is cake. For you application, do whatever you want... both will cost you about the same for the install... so its up to you what you want to do.

And as far as the swap goes, don't even think of trying to do the whole thing for less than 5000 cause you are wasting your time. And for s14 plan on 7000. If you want a real parts list, and prices or more information and you are REALLY interested, email me, or hit me up on msn... if you are like 3/4 of the guys who come to my shop talking about a saab intercooler and some retarded setup... then don't waste my time :) :D :D

Last edited:
its true wat 97_240sx says, however doing the swap urself isnt that hard if u have the time to give it a try and can turn out better than having it done. plus u can get a better feel of the engine

The S14 engine is smoother than S13 and has more low end torque too...but the top end is better on S13 SR (bigger Throttle and bigger runner I think)

They are different, so choose what you prefer!

So much mis-information indeed Josh! :D

The feeling of both engines is sooo different!
And a S14 in good shape goes around 3000$ not 500$ more than a S13... the S13 black top is 500$ more than a red top most of the places I saw!

You'll find more low-end torque on a S14 than a S13 (closer to the KA feeling, and S13 closer to a Honda engine feeling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back