ABS Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripleA

Well finally got a chance to test my ABS today. Brakes work fine when ABS does not kick in. But when I used it in some snow covered side streets, the brakes make a grinding noise and it seems to take much longer to stop. Any ideas with what the problem is.

it is a normal condition. You'll find the brake pedal acting funny when ABS kicks in. It is not supposed to make the car stop faster but it will give you full control of your car when braking.

Thanks bro. Is there any way to disconnect the ABS. This is my first car with ABS and I really do not find it as good as regular braking systems.

The day you hit a patch of black ice you'll love it

PS - yeah, there's usually a way to disable the ABS, see if it's a simple as removing a particular fuse for your car

The day you hit a patch of black ice you'll love it

PS - yeah, there's usually a way to disable the ABS, see if it's a simple as removing a particular fuse for your car

I would have to disagree with you. I have been driving 10 plus years. I have hit black ice before and would just pump the brakes to stop safely. I find the stopping distance poor for ABS in ice or snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back