Maxima Swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

H_Andy

Legacy Member
My friends has a maxima and it just fell into some problems and has a lot of km's on it, so he wants to swap it, he was thinkin just stock swap.

Is there even anything else that bolts into a 4th gen maxima???

:dunno:

You can swap a 5 th gen engine in a 4th gen but it will cost you a lot of $$$ and it's not worth it if we are talking price/performance and all.

Try to find a used 4th gen engine (95-99) with low km on it. It's the best thing you can do. :) By the way how much km he have on is Maxima?

Re: maxima

Originally posted by j_wei
hey my maxima is a 1996 SE and its got 425 000 KMS !!!! runs like a beauty!! :D

425k in 7 years? holllly shyte...

That's a lot of driving! :D

Re: maxima

Originally posted by j_wei
hey my maxima is a 1996 SE and its got 425 000 KMS !!!! runs like a beauty!! :D

VQ30DE rocks!!:bigup:

But 220 000 km is not a lot of km for that kind of car... what are the problems you have on it? Mines is 170 000 km and run verry strong.

Re: Re: maxima

Originally posted by Driftter
VQ30DE rocks!!:bigup:

But 220 000 km is not a lot of km for that kind of car... what are the problems you have on it? Mines is 170 000 km and run verry strong.

he got quoted at almost $3000 repairs, so he figures he will check the price of an engine and just drop one with less KM

Im not sure of the exact problems but ill check it out.

WOW, 3k is alot for it.... I'd get another used maxima at that point...

or buy another VQ engine and drop it in...
yikes! :(

He got the car almost for free, he tarded cars with his mom, so ya........

The stock swap looks like its going to be his path.

where can i find a maxima 95-99 engine

Where could i find a swap for my engine.....the reapairs that need to be done are only $1300, and i think i could get it fixed for much less. I went to good year....there's a crack in the manifold they quoted me this ridiculous amount like 1300. Anyway the engine has alot of Km's, and i'd like to swap it, so where could i find a good engine with low km's on it......

good question... Personally I would start with junkyards...
I dunno where else I would look after that... It's something I hope I never have to do :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back