xbox 360 softmod

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksbar

Hi,
I am thinking about getting a xbox 360, but i was wondering if you can softmod the 360 like you can the original xbox.
Like install XBMC dashboard and stream movies (avi's...)
And obviously the game backups.

Thanks

everyone's advertising, no ones answering his question. theres a firmware hack for the dvd drive. it allows you to play backups, but not run homebrew such as xbmc. it's very easy to do, you can do it yourself, takes 15 minutes. there are tutorials all over the place. The hardest part was opening the case.

everyone's advertising, no ones answering his question. theres a firmware hack for the dvd drive. it allows you to play backups, but not run homebrew such as xbmc. it's very easy to do, you can do it yourself, takes 15 minutes. there are tutorials all over the place. The hardest part was opening the case.

does that mean there is no softmod available presently....my biggest concern is being able to install another dashboard like XBMC.

I alreay now about the dvd hack, but like you said this is for game backups.

does that mean there is no softmod available presently....my biggest concern is being able to install another dashboard like XBMC.

I alreay now about the dvd hack, but like you said this is for game backups.

nope. no homebrew, no apps, no xbmc. a softmod simply means a modification using software as opposed to hardware.only thing publicly available is the dvd firmware mod.

I do them. It's just a mod to trick the dvd player into thinging legit dvd's are entered (to put it simply)

it does not allow running of unsigned code.

thanks guys...i will hold off until some homebrew surface

Hold off ...? why on earth ..? bro get a 360 get it flashed...Play games..+play on live ..cant get any sweeter... + the 360 dash board is like xbmc .in some ways ..And more..Got mine flashed and loving it

Well he means that he'll wait for the Xbox dashboard mod instead of getting the DVD firmware mod.

With the way the 360's stock dashboard is configured, I can't see why you'd absolutely want that but whatever.

All I do with my console is play games so the DVD hack is enough for me. I get to play games for 10$ a pop and play them online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back