I am considering buying a Nissan Sentra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vw_guy87

Legacy Member
Hi everyone from the Nissan/Infinity forum! :D AS you might of guess I am Vw_guy87. I think that it is time I change from VW to Nissan.. Just temporairly.. I still love my Vw but....$$$$$$$..
I was thinking of leasing a 2003 Nissan Sentra GXE. The price can b reasonable and I should have enought $$ to cover it for the next year and a half. PROBLEME or shall I say question is.. Are there some after-market parts for this model or is it all for the SE-R SPEC V???

So far, I wanted to put in a CAI and a sound system. What else would you recommend?

Any comments will be welcome.. even negative ones. As for the dealer, it would be Nissan/Infinity Spinelli. :bigup:

Let me know,

Vw_guy87

its ok. its built in mexico. they have some problems but come with more stuff than honda, and more power... go drive one. if its a temp car, don't mod it, and you can put an adapter and put a filter on, since the intake is only there to make noise anyways :)

o.k Seriously... MADE In MEXICO??? Not again....:angry:

Well that sucks.. But better then a Ford.. :p

I will look into the link.

97_240sx, I am not quite sure what you are trying to say :dunno:

Keep the comments comming guys/girls.

;)

Vw_guy87

Nissan Aguascalientes plant in mexico is very well equiped, and holds the same standards as Nissans other plants.

Contrary to what all the nay sayers say, the quality doesnt suffer because it was built there.

Seriously, I have 3 recalls on my 2001 Sentra.

1. for carpet (haha)
2. for headlight assembly (anti-tampering add on, dunno why)
3. 1 for suspension bolts (choose wrong ones, MIGHT brake after 100 000 km).

Now compare that to VW, ford, GM, or even bigger names like BMW and Mercedes. Seriously, I wouldnt worry much.

Oh and BTW, the Ford Focus with the most problems are those built in the USA, not Mexico =)

check out www.b15sentra.net for 2000+ sentra information. Its loaded.

Sorry, I don't buy that. I always check the tags when a car comes in, especially a VW with electrical problems... they are almost always from mexico. My friends spec v is a rats nest of problems, and anyways... I didn't say that mexican cars are bad, but I will say that cars from japan are put together better. Sorry, its true. And as far as the high standings and high standards for nissan... I don't buy it anymore. I love my nissan, and I love em in general.... but nissan has been a total dick to my friend about his lemon spec v, repeatedly... in addition to which I have found nissan techs to know nothing about my car at all. Not impressed to say the least.

And the reason that say hondas quality is higher than most is simple "honda" doesn't own the plants, the give licences out to people to create and distribute cars under the honda japan umbrella. Therefore, YOU spend the 10 billion or whatever it takes to make the plant, and if you screw up, the pull your license and you can't do anything about it... and it's no skin off honda's ass cause they didn't finance the plant.

And don't get angry, I am a bigger nissan fan than most of you, with the possible excpetion of chris.

Nah Im not angry, I like a discussion :)

The 2002 Spec V's did have many problems but that was first year production, kinda has to be expected. Are they better built in Japan ? Yes most probably, but most cars now a days in North America are Mexican, or American, and In my sincerest opinion, American plants arent any better than the Mexican ones.

About the high standards, I should have said, High Quality Assurance bar, once the cars are out here and we have to deal with the dealerships, I totaly agree, many dealers dont give a rats ass, and should be shot (well, maybe not, but you know what I mean).

All I mean to say is that, Mexican made cars arent the POS's that people would like them to be. More problems than Japan made... ya probably. But like I said as an example. Except for the first year Spec V fiasco (which is not so suprising, you have to expect first year production, especialy for engines to come with some quirks) the B15 platform isnt THAT riddled with problems when you compare it to to similarly classed vehicles.

Might as well get a G35 or soemthing.

Maxima lost its, Medium Sporty Feel, IMO.

Besides :) Sentra GXE and Maxima are far in price range , hehe.

o.k well considering that I work about 11 hours a week at 7.30 per hour... :S I dunno.. I sorta fall short for a G35...... I mean, let's be realistic.. This can only be possible if i get an other job that pays well or I wait 2-3 years to get the real bucks. I think I am gonna drop the sentra and get me a used Vw Jetta to get me moving arround. I saw one for 1900$ and it seemed clean and all.....

However, I really did appreciate your responses. From now on, I will look more in depth into this SE-R version also since it is a good bang for the buck. IT's cheaper then a Golf 1.8T and less hassle "electrical wise". A Vr6 however... :laugh: that is even MORE $$$.

Thanks again guys. :bigup: for the prompt replies.

Vw_guy87

HA ha ha... Yeah right Newbie... Keep on dreaming... I'd rather pay more for a VW (or an Se-R Spec V) then a Honda!

Vw_guy87 :goofy:

Originally posted by Vw_guy87
HA ha ha... Yeah right Newbie... Keep on dreaming... I'd rather pay more for a VW (or an Se-R Spec V) then a Honda!

Vw_guy87 :goofy:

come on!!! Hondas have MAD TORQUE YO!

;-) hehe

I still say you'd enjoy a maxima... :unlimited torque:

lol hehe

The sentra is a nice car. I have a 2002 GXE and it runs very well. It handles very good but i hatehow japaniese cars have slow acceleration on the low gears and faster on the high ones. But in all i suggest getting one. The Spec-V is also sweet but if you have the cash go for it

Originally posted by Homie The Clown
The sentra is a nice car. I have a 2002 GXE and it runs very well. It handles very good but i hatehow japaniese cars have slow acceleration on the low gears and faster on the high ones. But in all i suggest getting one. The Spec-V is also sweet but if you have the cash go for it

could you explain that acceleration thing a little better
i dont understand what you are trying to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back