My engine 300whp D series turbo build...Summary of 2007 season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hawt shit bro! good luck with everything....and take me for a ride when your done! hahah...i'm not jkin lol

thanks man! and you'll be able to find me at napi on tuesdays:bigup:

where did u get the block honed/work done ? and if i may ask how much

Well i called up a bunch of reputable shops (RMR, HT Turbotech, VAG, etc) and Dan from HT turbotech recomended me to Atelier Mechanique Champion in Laprarie...so after ALOT of shopping around I decided to go with them based on the fact that there prices were fairly good and I had heard only possitive feedback from people...and as a plus, they were located less then 5 min from my house...so off i went

In the end, for everything:
-crack test my block and head
-resurface my block
-hone the cylinders
-resurface my head
-3 angle valve job
-hot tank block & head
-gap my rings
-micro polish the crankshaft
-regrind crankshaft
-over size rod bearings
-flywheel resurfacing

and I'm probably leaving something out ... It came to 1165.00 tax in

dam...i just realized i didn't post up pics of my head with 3 angle valve job...well here they are

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6858.jpg

IMG_6861.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

.....and i thought i would also add in a sexy interior pic.......

IMGd_5663.jpg

Last edited:
nice car....i hv the same one...just an EG lol
not too crazy about the rear lights but hey, wtv floats ur raft
nice mags though!
that thing is ganna fly!
oh and nice job erasing the plate in the second pic!

nice car....i hv the same one...just an EG lol
not too crazy about the rear lights but hey, wtv floats ur raft
nice mags though!
that thing is ganna fly!
oh and nice job erasing the plate in the second pic!

ya bout those rear lights...lol...i wanna change them for some 99+ but right now my funds are concentrated on makeing it go fast...and fast it will go! So ya once the turbo project is all done i wanna change the tail light for some 99 and up, type r front and rear lip, and repaint (i'm gonna stay with the original color)

ben les sous-estime... bref tu vas toujours faire plus de power avec un B mais ce qui est hot des D c'est que ca coute pas cher en plus si ta déja un d16 dans le char...

piston vitara... 150~200$ avec les ring
rod TT = 280$
kit de bearing acl = 120$

avec 600$ ta un block top shape

avec un B un kit de piston et rod forger... c'est 1000$ pis c'est pas sans compter le 2000 a 3500$ qui faut que tu mettes au départ pour l'achat/instalation du moteur

2x

Nice Build Man keep us updated !!! very nice stuff :bigup:

hey guys...sorry to leave you hanging! I've been busy with exams and then for the past 2-3 weeks ive been working 75+ hour weeks at work...so i haven't had alot of time to do anything.

But now that im back to a regular 40hour work week and i don't have the stress of school, I'm in full engine rebuild mode again!

So this week, i recieved all of my gaskets, and today im picking up my head gasket from honda. I also should be recieving my innovative engine mounts tomorrow...

So to bring everybody up to date, today i purchased a GT2860rs with a .63ar. I got a sick deal on it from a member on turbod16.com. I also spent a shit load of money and ordered all my turbo parts today...here's the list:

Turbonetics 38mm wastegate
turbonetics BOV
all custom 2.5-3 inch intercooler piping
sparco intercoller: 24x12x3
3 inch down pipe
custom ramhorn mani
precision turbo 750cc injectors
t-bolts clamps, oil lines bla bla bla
full obd1 conversion kit
dyno time + tuning on CROME

All of this of course is being provided by RD Turbo Productions:bigup::bigup:

I'm probably forgeting stuff but that's the biggest stuff that i can remember. Also i will soon be ordering all of my gauges (all going to be autometer).

So this weekend i will hopefully be able to notch the block and get pics of that to show everyone

I'll update again as soon as i got more stuff!

thanks for reading:bigup:

ok guys...well here is the most recent update...lots of shiat has been going down in the past couple of weeks and im really getting down to the final stages of this thing finally and spending ALOT of money...I hope to be doing the swap this coming weekend:bigup:

ok so first of all i started by notching the block...

IMG_7089.jpg

IMG_7093.jpg

Then i assembled the block internals...

IMG_7088.jpg

IMG_7094.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

Then the i assembled the head and bolted the ARP head studs down with the new Honda OEM head gasket...

IMG_7102.jpg

IMG_7098.jpg

IMG_7101.jpg

Then we have a pic of the engine lying in the distance behind the Porsche GT2.....

IMG_7103.jpg

Also my exhaust came in....full 3 inch from the down pipe back, high flow cat, resonator and muffler...all Magnaflow...can't wait to put in on

IMG_7104.jpg

IMG_7106.jpg

IMG_7107.jpg

IMG_7108.jpg

Engine mounts...innovative mount 60a....that don't fit my engine!!!!!:squintfin

IMG_7111.jpg

and the beast finally came in...GT2860RS

IMG_7113.jpg

IMG_7117.jpg

IMG_7118.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7120.jpg

IMG_7121.jpg

so that's it for now...ill update you guys again as soon as there's new shit going on:bigup:

Your build is insane *tu* Something Id like to do in the near future.. but with a different motor and N/A. (I think the turbo on top of an engine build is a bit too deep for my pockets, also a bit too fast lol)

Keep up the good work and post some pics of the final product ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back