question for suby pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubyStyle

does anyone knoow if i can change the hood scoop on 2001 rs hood from a newer model impreza? 02-03?> 04-05? or newer???
thanks i appriciate it

It's not a direct bolt-on, but it can be done, and it won't be as hard as scoobydrifter would have you believe.

Never say never...
emeraldgc2.jpg

emeraldgc1.jpg

The real question is why oh why would you do that the GC! well to each their own, but as fast4 said, its not that hard to do.
The best part about the car above is he put a bigger scoop to draw more air into his intercooler.... front mount that is. lol

It would take some body work to make newer scoops fit a GC hood. If you want to fit a newer scoop you're better off starting with a hood without the cutout for the scoop. The 02-03 scoop is a close fit but too small all around if I remember correctly and the 04-05 although longer is not wide enough to fill the hole for the GC scoop.

Either way you're doing body work to take care of the gap left by the newer scoop.

If that random guy can have an STi scoop on his MK4 Jetta GLI, than SubyStyle can have one on his GC! :bigup:

if i were to get a 02-03 scoop or the 04-05 scoop. would it sit flush with the stock L hood???
im thinking this maybe the cheapest way for me to go! lol

Either scoop can be made to fit an L hood easily enough, when I got my car it had an L hood with a 2002 wrx scoop.

BTW I have an 02 WRX and a 04 WRX sccop for sale if you want to try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back