I smell fuel in my WRX

Status
Not open for further replies.

04JBPWRX

Hey,

I started my car this morning with my remote and when I got in about 15 minutes later, all I could smell was fuel. I thought maybe my vents were blocked with ice or something but it wasn't the case.
2004 WRX with 45000KM, perfect condition.

Any ideas?

I'm coming up to my 48K service, maybe that has something to do with it...?

ehhhh

Hey,

I started my car this morning with my remote and when I got in about 15 minutes later, all I could smell was fuel. I thought maybe my vents were blocked with ice or something but it wasn't the case.
2004 WRX with 45000KM, perfect condition.

Any ideas?

I'm coming up to my 48K service, maybe that has something to do with it...?

ehhhh

It Happens very often on the wrx s ... look at the hoses (under the hood) neer the gaz filters if they get wet when engine running or the others almost under the intake or behind A/C compressor , It is certainly one of those.. May have to replace those(cheap) or just to tighten the screws...
Hope it helps...

Weird, it's the 3rd winter with the car and I've never had the problem before.
Thanks for the input, I'll check it out.
Can this cause more problems if it's not fixed? Should I be worried?

So did you ever solve your problem? Did you ever smell gas in traffic or at a light or was it just when your car was warming up?

its a typical TSB for WRX's .. my 202 does it real bad on first start up when its very cold.. or else there is no smell what so ever.. It's just soo cold right now that I'll do the TSB in spring :D

regarde tout tes colle de hose a gaz et revis les moi cetais ca mon probleme
check all collet in hose line gaz and screw on all of them
my wrx 2003 have his probleme in cold temperature this fall have screw on all collet in gaz line and its ok now

Nice...I now have this problem when warming up the car....sweet and it's a JDM motor so the dealers won't touch it. It goes away when I drive so I think it's just some loose fitting but I've also been noticing extra fuel consumption but this can also be because it's super cold out. anywaz i'm pissed *banghead*

what's the TSB everyone is talking about....there is over 64 pages on nasioc and they all say TSB but no one describes what it is

Ça m'est arrivé une fois à date avec mon 2.5RS 2001 et je me posais de sérieuse question, sauf que ça ne c'est pas reproduit depuis.. peut-être dû au froid intense ce soir là ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back