front clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter Steve

Legacy Member
ive been doing some research in getting a front clip of an s13 or 180sx to do an sr20det swap in a 240sx (which i plan on getting this summer)

i called the local engine shops
engine land
japan motor imports
and osaka
and they all had red and black top motors, but none had the complete frontclip,
my question is where can i find a front clip and around how much will it cost?

If you called them, and they don't have tem, then wait till they do. they come in.... any reason you want the clip?

Last redtop clip I saw at osaka had 140,000kms on it and cost 5g's

im planning on doing to swap myself with my dad

ive heard its best to get the front clip because it causes less headaches

Forget the front clip, it's not woth it! You'll pay ~ 4000$ for the clip, for what... only the wiring harness (that you still have to modify) and not much...

Get a good engine 1500$ (compression tested) and get the wiring harness done ~500$, then install it! you just saved ~ 2000$

Well... thats not 100% fair to the clip. You won't get teh intercooler, and any goodies that come on most clips... but by the same token, it depends if you want that stuff. Not many clips make it over here with stock shit on em anymore.

Originally posted by 97_240sx
If you called them, and they don't have tem, then wait till they do. they come in.... any reason you want the clip?

Last redtop clip I saw at osaka had 140,000kms on it and cost 5g's

Plus it was a SR20DE + T clip :) Not even a SR20DET ;) You don't know what you buy .....

Really. I checked the odometer, saw a fruitloop steering wheel, and didn't bother easking to look under the hood... oh well. Good things you get though are the wheels (front, sometimes) the brakes, front suspension, dash, whatever gauges they had... etc, etc, it adds up fast. but depends on the clip.

That clip was clean for someone who wanted to do a Silvia conversion... the body was perfect... The steering wheel was soooo Honolulu 'ish'. lol

un front clip peut etre utile pour le gars ki veut mettre un sr ds un s14 pi faire la conversion 97-98 t achete un clip de 97-98 ta la conversion pi le sr...

osaka en avait un vla 1mois un 98 pi il demandait 6500$ et il avait kelke modif comme fmic,bov,etc et avait environ 320hp.

C'etait pas un 98...c'etait un 94 du Japon S14 ...le look 240SX 95-96 d'ici! Et je le sais tres bien , puisque c'est moi qui a modifier le fillage pour qu'il fonctionne dans une 240SX d'ici :)

BTW le bumper qu'il avait decu etait celui d'une 97-98 C-West...

Et il demandait 8 500$ pas 6 500$

Moi ils me font mourir quand ils donnent un HP pour leur moteur! lmao!!! 320hp! Dyno tested! pouahahaha

J'ai un peu magasiner avec des amis pour des moteurs... et toutes les places te disent que leur moteurs sont ultra modifiés mais dans le fonds c'est stock! Ils savent pas plus que le client c'est quoi qu'il y a dedans!

s14 drift sa se peut jle po vue c un e-mail ki m avait envoyer et oui devilish ta raison pour les hp y doivent dire sa pour le vendre plus facilement..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back