Illegal Tints, Whos got em?

Status
Not open for further replies.

03-vvti

Legacy Member
Just curious, how many of you have illegal tint on there car and for how long now, when i say illegal tint, im talking like 20% or 15% all around. Ive got a mazda 3 with 35% all around but conisidering putting 20% instead. Whats the cop sitiution on this, do they really care or am im just asking to get pulled over?

i just got my windows tinted and the guy insisted that i put 50% in front. so i got 50, 35, 20. im legal.
20% all around is just begging to get pulled over.

70% for the front windows is illegal, 71% is legal...

My tints are 20% for the back 3, and 35% for the front..

As for getting pulled over, it all depends on what car you have, the color of your interior, color of your skin, other modifications.

i got 35% + 5% in the back, 5% the 2 windows in the back and 20% in the front since the summer and never get pulled by the cops

i just got my windows tinted and the guy insisted that i put 50% in front. so i got 50, 35, 20. im legal.
I got the exact same and the gu also recommended this.
Who did your tints?

I had very dark tints on my previous car...I'm glad my current car doesn't have that. Dark windows look good, but they are dangerous at night.

Offically is 70% of the light pass thru your windows (for the front).
Most cars are already tinted (slightly), additional tint will make it illegal.

My car was 20% rear, 35% front and got pulled over. 48hours to take off the tint and 45$ inspection at CAA centers.

Any tint in the front is almost illegal unless you have a meter to measure it bit by bit. I was informed that my tint is legal, but it wasn't.

03 Marauder with 30% all round. Got pulled over, sent to inspection a month ago. Two weeks later, without removing the tints, got pulled over in Quebec City...cops loved the car and suggested Dagobert as a good place to party ....and no ticket.

Montreal cops suck....

Just curious, how many of you have illegal tint on there car and for how long now, when i say illegal tint, im talking like 20% or 15% all around. Ive got a mazda 3 with 35% all around but conisidering putting 20% instead. Whats the cop sitiution on this, do they really care or am im just asking to get pulled over?

Depends on the cops....but your chance are very high with 20% all around.
Once they can't really see your face from the side windows....you are pulled.

i had 5% all around yeeee but i got stoped the first day i got them put on lol so now i just have 5% in the back and sides and no tint in my passanger and driver windows

Offically is 70% of the light pass thru your windows (for the front).
Most cars are already tinted (slightly), additional tint will make it illegal.

My car was 20% rear, 35% front and got pulled over. 48hours to take off the tint and 45$ inspection at CAA centers.

Any tint in the front is almost illegal unless you have a meter to measure it bit by bit. I was informed that my tint is legal, but it wasn't.

QFT

I got stopped with 35-20-20, took off the sides for inspection, and had them put back on the same day.

Ill take my chances

ca dépend aussi de la voiture.. une voiture stock avec des tints illégales passe toujours mieux qu'une voiture modifié avec des tints.. fait des mois que jai du 20% à l'avant, du 5% les fenetres arriere et le backglass j'ai laissé mon ancien 35% et jai rajouté 5% par dessus et jamais une police ma arreter pour ca!

same for me

he told me at least that the cop need to make the differrence between a guy and a girl and should be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back