The 2006-2007 Montreal Canadiens Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I MISSED THE GAME!

I just got home...glad to see we picked up a win though. Ah revenge is sweet. Huet you deserve it!

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Canadiens have not haven't lost 2 in a row this season yet!? :bigup:

OMG! I MISSED THE GAME!

I just got home...glad to see we picked up a win though. Ah revenge is sweet. Huet you deserve it!

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Canadiens have not haven't lost 2 in a row this season yet!? :bigup:

This is true. I hadn't realized that till I read it on tsn.ca right after the game ended:
On Thursday night, the Panthers will try to get a goal in Ottawa while Montreal plays at Carolina. Montreal, beaten 4-2 at home by Philadelphia on Saturday, has not lost two games in a row this season.

Les joueurs que le canadien devrait échanger sont;

Michael feintes pourries Ryder

David l'étourdie Aebischer

Sergei la mini toupie Samsonov

Jane la calamité Niinimaa

Wow, we're in forth place with 31 points in the east, and people are already talking about trades. Some people will never be happy.

1) Keep Abi because he has proven himself as a pretty good goalie. It's difficult to play on and off, and i'm sure he'll bounce back.

2) Ryder will come out of this because he's done alot of good things in the off-season to prepare himself for this year. He's faster, and gives more hits. Yes he's soft in the corners and he gives alot of turn-overs, but he'll come around.

3) Samsonov has some of the best hands in the league. When he and Kovalev play together, they circulate the puck very very well. The only thing he's not doing is scoring. He's very evident on the ice, and makes many things happen, so it's only a matter of time.

Once Higgins comes back, Bob will be in a better position to see when the team is. At the moment, the Habs are finding ways to win. The second most important thing for them right now is to find ways of scoring.

sérieux hier kovalev samsonov puius plekanec ont super ben jouer que dire de bonk a+ latendresse est slow comme toute puis fait rien sauf quand il a la rondelle il peut faire changer le match rapidement

Michael Ryder has been in a slump and you guys want to trade him already. Im sure you are the same people who wanted Sourray or Koivu gone. Hey the second line hasn't been producing, how bout we trade all of them too????? Thank god you dont make decisions for the habs, you would make Rejean Houle look good.

Je suis très satisfait du rendement du canadien depuis le début de la saison, mais il y a des joueurs qui pourraient quand même être échangé.

Pour une fois que nous sommes dans le siège du conducteur (notre équipe), et que ce soit Bob qui tient le gros bout du bâton.

Peut-être qu'en forçant la main de quelques dg, Bob pourrait obtenir gros.

Quelques équipes ont besoin d'un bon gardien, je pense à Nashville en ce moment.

Il est certain que rien ne presse, mais s'il y a des chances qui se présentent pour améliorer l'équipe, pourquoi pas en profiter?

Last edited:
Je suis très satisfait du rendement du canadien depuis le début de la saison, mais il y a des joueurs qui pourraient quand même être échangé.

Pour une fois que nous sommes dans le siège du conducteur (notre équipe), et que ce soit Bob qui tient le gros bout du bâton.

Peut-être qu'en forçant la main de quelques dg, Bob pourrait obtenir gros.

Quelques équipes ont besoin d'un bon gardien, je pense à Nashville en ce moment.

Il est certain que rien ne presse, mais s'il y a des chances qui se présentent pour améliorer l'équipe, pourquoi pas en profiter?

par bon gardien tu parle de qui au juste Abischer lol Huet est a montreal pour rester sans le Canadiens ne serait pas ou il est présentement , justement le match d'hier on l'aurait pas gagné si ca n'avait pas été des gros arret d'Huet

he's only played 13 games....Number one goalies in the nhl right now have played at least ten more games than Huet on mtl's platoon system.

stop being so negative. and he's played 15 games, which is still 24th most played out of 68 goalies.

the 2nd and 3rd placed goalies are roughly the same.

RYAN MILLER has played 16 games
VESA TOSKALA has played 14 games

Cam ward has the 2nd worst rating of the top 10 (games played) goalies.

Luongo has the most games played at 24 which is 9 above Huet and he's 18th placed GAA%

The majority of goalies have played ~20-21. Keep in mind they do not have sufficient "back-up" or alternative goalies.

Huet and Toskala both have 2 shutouts in their 15-14 games respective, but I guess that doesn't count either. Nabokov has 3 SO's in 12 games. Regardless of games played, it's not like these goalies are 1 game players with 1 SO and 100% save average. They're good, and deserve to be recognized.

par bon gardien tu parle de qui au juste Abischer lol Huet est a montreal pour rester sans le Canadiens ne serait pas ou il est présentement , justement le match d'hier on l'aurait pas gagné si ca n'avait pas été des gros arret d'Huet

Oui, comme je disais sur mon post d'avant Aesbischer, il pourrait servir de monnaie d'échange pour une équipe qui en arrache avec leurs gardiens de but afin d'obtenir un excellent joueur de centre par exemple.

stop being so negative. and he's played 15 games, which is still 24th most played out of 68 goalies.

the 2nd and 3rd placed goalies are roughly the same.

RYAN MILLER has played 16 games
VESA TOSKALA has played 14 games

Cam ward has the 2nd worst rating of the top 10 (games played) goalies.

i'm not being a ward booster, I'm just saying you need to look at goalies like mikka kiprusoff, marty turco, and martin brodeur, who bear a full workload for their team....It's more impressive to me than teams operating on a platoon system.

Huet has only started 13 games this year, not 15....I also don't think it's fair to say that the teams we are talking about don't have workable second goalies. A lot of those teams have great backup goaltenders, like Dallas, for example (i think 5 wins for the backup?) but Montreal has 2 starters and are running a platoon...It's not the same situation. If Montreal has such confidence in Huet, why don't they trade Aebischer for someone who can score? Why wasn't it Aebischer heading to Phoenix instead of Tellvquist?

aaaaaand????

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand what is easier? having a high save pct over 13 games or having a high save pct over 23 games?

Niklas Backstrom has a higher save pct for Minnesota than Huet, but he has only played 5 games....8 games less than Huet. So him playing 8 games less isn't ok, but Huet playing 8 games less than Kipprusoff or Brodeur, and 10 games less than say Roberto Luongo is ok? I am confused! :p

We've never seen an entire season from this guy....

i'm not being a ward booster, I'm just saying you need to look at goalies like mikka kiprusoff, marty turco, and martin brodeur, who bear a full workload for their team....It's more impressive to me than teams operating on a platoon system.

I completely agree that single goalies need to work a lot harder and are well deserved. I've always love Martin Brodeur even when people have said he's past his prime, but he keeps fighting and pulling those amazing saves. But you have to understand what Huet does for us. I think they've said it in countless interviews how confident the team is when Huet is there to back them up. His attitude towards the game and his modesty in response to his performances help build our organization back into a Hockey Loving team, where we can play to the best of our ability, regardless of win or loss.

I edited after you replied, sorry. I think Mtl should demonstrate their confidence in Huet and trade aebischer for someone they really need.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand what is easier? having a high save pct over 13 games or having a high save pct over 23 games?

Niklas Backstrom has a higher save pct for Minnesota than Huet, but he has only played 5 games....8 games less than Huet. So him playing 8 games less isn't ok, but Huet playing 8 games less than Kipprusoff or Brodeur, and 10 games less than say Roberto Luongo is ok? I am confused! :p

We've never seen an entire season from this guy....

actually it makes perfect sense. Backstrom is .01 better than Huet in both GAA and Save%, however Huet having played twice as many games, would suggest his consistency thus far. Kiprosoff and Brodeur having played 7-9 games more and having a slightly lower rating would suggest their ability to produce with more games. However, it just puts Huet on par for competing with such goalies. He may not have to be better than the best, but he's good enough.

Not bad for a 7th round draft pick who's never got his chance to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back