The 2006-2007 Montreal Canadiens Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not sure you're old enough to remember, shi ti would n't if i wasn't there but that is how it started with the expos, people still went out to the big o to BOO, how would you like to have star player after star player being traded because baseball doesn't want to impose a cap to make the league more competitive. well i liked it about as much as when i see the habs players not putting in a quality effort to play a game... booing is the first step, next is giving up. why would people pay 100$ to see the other team score goals and have montreal do nothing. sorry but you will see montreal fans are the best when times are good or when they can recognize an effort, but montreal fans are the worst because they are notorious for giving up on teams no matter how much of a fan you think you are... let's not forget the alouettes bounced once, the expos are gone, the montreal express moved, this city is mean!

hockey is the pride of this town, province and country. the habs will never leave montreal
let's not forget that the habs have been booed before, deservedly so, and that the bell centre is sold out game after game. fans will be there next game, and the one after, and next year too. whether they boo or cheer is up to the players. if i were a player, i'd rather have fans boo the team rather than not say anything and not show up anymore. if they boo, you know something has go be done, and some people might have to move. if people don't boo, like in pittsburgh, they live with the fact that they all might move this summer. games between the pens and the caps are not sold out. crosby and ovechkin do not sell out in other places, but the habs sell out with whatever they have. btw, the mellon has close to 17 000 seats, and the bell has over 21 000.

You give out valip points! although I understand your example of the school kid... these guys are not kids... carbo is not their mommy, booing can affect them in a way that grades connot. It gets to them, that I am sure of.

You are right on a lot of subjects, I just hope they keep the moral up even though it's at its lowest point right now and start playing with good trios. It's very easy to see that the other teams have adjusted to the same trios Carbo is always playing! They have to find some magic in at least 3 trios, we are that type of team, we just don't have the players to play only 1 or 2 trios...

I agree, booing has to affect them, (and like grades, past performances do affect them, think of it in terms of standings, those are points lost, just like grades, u gotta try and make up those grades by working your ass off) it shows that the fans in this city wont put up with lazy shitty efforts, they can't fly under the radar and take nights off like the do in some cities. I'm glad Higgins said "Alot of us have to take a good look into the mirror" to more or less realize the situation and maybe call their manhood/professionalism into question.

Carbo was all over the map in terms of trios. Having two RW on the same line, two LW on the same line, etc. The Goalies cant stop beachballs as of late, just look at the goals going in.

So whats the next step? What are you guys' opinions in terms of line combos? is it time to Put Kovy and Samsonov with Koivu? etc.......or maybe time for a trade to address supplementry scoring?

We still have all the same players we did when we were winning very often earlier in the season. I don't really think it's the players that are the problem in particular, they're just in a slump. Carbo changing up the lines like crazy doesn't help either; neither does having Latendresse and Plekanec playing on the FIRST line starting the game. Mixing up the lines with 2 RW or LWs like you guys mentioned before won't help either. If we're all on Carbonneau's dick when the Habs are winning, he has to take SOME of the blame when we're losing, not just the players..

The Habs have shown that they have the potential to go far in the playoffs (beating Buffalo, shutting down Crosby, etc.), but do they have the consistency? That's what separates the good teams from the great ones. Hopefully we get out of this slump!

when they won, it was because huet stood on his head (remember the very beginning when he was shaky, the habs weren't winning) and the koivu line was doing good. bonk's like was shutting down the opposition and souray blasted it from the point... and that's it. the second line never got rolling, while the 4th did have sparks with lapierre, but not something consistent.

the current habs are the exact opposite, except for the 2nd and 4th line without lapierre.

the actual habs are somewhere in between, the past and the present are extremes..

Add Your Caption

During this hard time... lets have fun out of it...

Add your caption.... :bigup:

Carbo: Hmm.. who should I bench next....
Komisarek: Bell center hotdogs are damnn fine.... I want some more
JOhnson: *sobs* not another shot-out
Perizoghin: My gloves stinks... hope no one notice...
Lapierre: I wish I stayed in Hamilton
Dandenault: This game is boring.... I think Im going to snooze in the dressing room

070116%20Habs07.JPG

Carbo: goddammitt...that peice of steak is still stuck in my teeth
Komisarek: mmmmmm look at Johnsons' fine thighs...he must work out
JOhnson: to himself "look away mikey look away" Pheonix doesnt look too bad right about now.
Perizoghin: I miss my mommy
Lapierre: One day.....just one day i shall be on that big screen up there
Dandenault: Maybe if i close my eyes...this will all go away....yes....maybe

070116%20Habs07.JPG

That being said, im very frustrated with the way the habs are playing, i give props to carbo for finally raising the tone with the players. Im not angry with their loss, like many of you im angry at the way they lose. too many turn overs, too many heartless plays and definitly too many missmatches.

One thing carbo has to do is try the same setup for at least 2 or 3 games. even if we wont produce much the first time, the best results come with experience. Shuffling the lines like that every game is surely not the way to go. I for one believe that for now Kovalev should stay with koivu and ryder , we know theve played well together before, kovy is going through a slump i think that could help.

In terms of Samsonov, i for one am probably one of the few who likes him. I definitly agree that he is underachieving this year but i dont think its completely because of lack of effort. Flaming him like that every two days is not going to get anything done. If we arent satisfied with him then trade him, but bashing him from now until that day will get nothing done. That being said i agree with carbo to bench him, whether or not it was intentional he has not produced much later, maybe this bench will flame him up again. But when he gets interviewed u can feel the pressure we have put on him and what im very angry with is the fact that people started flaming him after his 3rd game with the habs.......what do u expect?? At that times talks of a trade were already roaming around...not a good way to start a relationship with a team. Yes i also agree he is payed to produce, but again smashing and bashing him will get nothing done. I really hope he bounces back, and if he doesnt well we will never know how much the pressure of playing in montreal really affected his play.

Guys we really have to support our team through thick and thin, most of you already do that, but unfortunately there are tons of people who turn on their team at the first sign of weekness, ive never heard such reactions in other teams. No big player will ever want to come play here if we keep bashing and burning our players like that.

Tricolore Jusqu'au Bout

Komisarek: How d'you like this ripper Mikey? (fart) HE HE HE
Johnson: Dear God Komi, that shit reeks!
Dandenault: Oh God I think I'm gonna faint.
Perizoghin: Why am I in this team with these disgusting guys? Why?
Carbo: Should I smack Komi now or in the locker room?
Lapierre: That's one hot chick on the giant screen.

070116%20Habs07.JPG

Komisarek: How d'you like this ripper Mikey? (fart) HE HE HE
Johnson: Dear God Komi, that shit reeks!
Dandenault: Oh God I think I'm gonna faint.
Perizoghin: Why am I in this team with these disgusting guys? Why?
Carbo: Should I smack Komi now or in the locker room?
Lapierre: That's one hot chick on the giant screen.

070116%20Habs07.JPG

ahahhahahahah best one so far

It took Carbo too long, and he's finally split up Samsonov and Kovy...

Montreal Canadiens: Lines vs. Atlanta

Forwards
Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Latendresse - Plekanec - Kovalev
Johnson - Bonk - Samsonov
Streit - Lapierre - Perezhogin
Defence
Markov - Komisarek
Rivet - Souray
Bouillon - Dandenault

Goaltender
Huet

Scratches: Aaron Downey and Janne Niinimaa - TSN

NOT MINE! Got this in a forward/email with the same pic:

070116%20Habs07.JPG

Lapierre: God please send me back to Hamilton!
Perezhogin: I love my stick.
Johnson: I promised myself I wouldn't cry if we get shut out again.
Komisarek: mmmm Bell Centre hot dogs are the best!
Dandenault: I'm in my happy place, in my happy place!!!
Carbonneau: How can I bench 20 guys?

Lapierre: Wow, i used to sit in those stands!!
Perezhogin: My precioussssssssss.....
Johnson: Man, i can't get this flem outta y nose.
Komisarek: Carbo, your cock tastes like poutine.
Carbonneau: I hope the ref didn't see the "high sticking" i gave to Komi.
Dandenault: These commercial breaks are too long....

070116%20Habs07.JPG

Lapierre: Wow, i used to sit in those stands!!
Perezhogin: My precioussssssssss.....
Johnson: Man, i can't get this flem outta y nose.
Komisarek: Carbo, your cock tastes like poutine.
Carbonneau: I hope the ref didn't see the "high sticking" i gave to Komi.
Dandenault: These commercial breaks are too long....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Komisarek: sh@#t Johnson,your cum is pretty salty
Johnson: how the F@#$K di I get some in my eye
Dandenault: woowww..that weed is F$@#kin good mannn.
Perizoghin: Damn Dandenault...made everyone smoke except me...@ss hole
Carbo: Stupid gum...got stuck on my teeth again
Lapierre: IS IT OVER YET!!!! IS IT OVER YET!!!

070116%20Habs07.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back