Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesley Vocino

E30 Suspension

Hey guys im seriously planning on purchasing a suspension for my bmw e30. I know I said this last year and it was never done. The reason was because I spent 3 grand on my car and I had no more money left lol.

I am almost debt free, and the first thing I want to do this summer is drop my e30.

I would like to find new or used shocks and springs. If anyone has used or new for sale please feel free to pm me. People who work or own auto shops and could supply me with shocks and springs, please pm me as well.

I would also like to know any recomendations any one has.

I want a decent drop, at leasty 1.6 inches.

I saw the H&R cup kit which is 2.1 front and 1.7 rear, but I heard a lot of bad things about it.

I could go with bilstein shocks and eibach springs but I dont know if 1.6 inches will give a big difference in a drop.

Does anyone know what a decent drop would be for an e30, I want there to be no, or very little gap between my tires and fenders.

I also heard of a ground control coilover kit, but I find it is too expensive without shocks.

Anyone have e30 susp. droped?

Hey guys, id like to see pics of some dropped e30s

Anyone who has a dropped e30 please post a pic so I can see what it looks like

Also include the front and rear drop thank you

Here's my 1991 318is track car. Pics were taken by Mox:

CRW_2412.jpg

CRW_2428.jpg

I've got Turner Motorsports "J-Stock" springs, Bilstein Sport dampers, Ireland Engineering swaybars/mounts (front & rear), K-Mac camber/caster plates (front), and urethane everything.

I would NOT recommend this set-up on the street!

The car was only slightly higher on H&R Sport springs...but they are 1,000,000 times more street-able than the Gruppe N springs TMS sells. The H&R Cup Kit is even LOWER than my "full race" set-up. My car is already too low for many Montreal speedbumps. I could not imagine having the car any lower. One more millimeter of drop and you can say goodbye to your oil pan!

Emre

Thx for the info man

What is the drop on your setup? That drop looks perfect, what would you recommend me to get, if I want something simular to yours?

Anyone else?

Thx for the info man

What is the drop on your setup? That drop looks perfect, what would you recommend me to get, if I want something simular to yours?

Anyone else?

oublis ca un setup comme ca c'est beaucoup trop stiff pour l'usage que tu va en faire, de plus je crois que t'as des 17 pouces... tu pourras pas dropper autant

Honestly, I have no idea. I bought the suspension for it's winning track record. I never even asked about the "drop." But I figure it's around 1.25" lower than the stock "sports" suspension. I wouldn't go any lower than that. Also, keep in mind that the rear needs to be lowered more than the front if you want the car to handle properly. Most lowering springs slam the front too low, which makes the car understeery.

BTW, you can find more info here: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=E30TMSJSTOCK

Emre

VERY NICE !!!!! i really like what your car looks like and the setup looks awesom *tu* *tu*
Thanks very much. The E30 is my dedicated track car. The TMS "J Stock" suspension is still the hot set-up for E30 race cars. Even after all these years, it still dominates the track in BMW CCA Club Racing. Pretty much every E30 (including M3's) in the "Stock" and "Prepared" classes run this set-up.

On the track, it's pretty much unbeatable. On the street, it's literally a pain in the ass!

Emre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back