Please Help Me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckaymental

Hi everybody!
Since two weeks, I began to have some charge problem with my Passat B3.
I test the alternator with a voltmeter and it was charging 12.50V when the car was shut and 12.18 when the car was running. So I decided to change the alternator. I bought a brand new one. I installed it, then I test it again and the same thing appears. Then I changed the battery to see if the problem was there and the problem was still there. I checked the wires and the grounds and everything seems to be good. What should I do now?? Help me please I really don't know what to do next???
Thanks!:dunno:

Hi everybody!
Since two weeks, I began to have some charge problem with my Passat B3.
I test the alternator with a voltmeter and it was charging 12.50V when the car was shut and 12.18 when the car was running. So I decided to change the alternator. I bought a brand new one. I installed it, then I test it again and the same thing appears. Then I changed the battery to see if the problem was there and the problem was still there. I checked the wires and the grounds and everything seems to be good. What should I do now?? Help me please I really don't know what to do next???
Thanks!:dunno:

Put the voltmeter on your battery with the car off. Then pull every single fuse out one at a time to see if you have any faults. The volt meter will move if you have a short.

Ok I'll try this tomorrow.
But a short in on of these circuit could cause my alternator not charging??

Thanks!

A short on any circuit could cause it. It aint a question of your alternator charging its a question of if it is a short how bad is it. Does your car start normally??

But I find it low that yr alternator only pushes 12.18V. My alternator is at 14V when the car is running. Shut, the battery is a 12.9V. 120AMP alternator tough.

My car starts normally but can't charge. I have a 2l16v engine. I run only on my battery. I don't understand what is happenning but I didn't had more than 12.20V when my car is running since 2 weeks. I have a brand new alternator and nothing change. When the car in "on" , my battery light comes up so I think my cluster's detecting my alternator but it can't charge :(

My car starts normally but can't charge. I have a 2l16v engine. I run only on my battery. I don't understand what is happenning but I didn't had more than 12.20V when my car is running since 2 weeks. I have a brand new alternator and nothing change. When the car in "on" , my battery light comes up so I think my cluster's detecting my alternator but it can't charge :(

Do the test i told you and if you don't find a problem, i hate to say it go to the dealer.:cry:

Put the voltmeter on your battery with the car off. Then pull every single fuse out one at a time to see if you have any faults. The volt meter will move if you have a short.

The voltmeter will drop or go up if there is a short???

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back