Never accept Paypal from an MR member

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
This is a scam. Hacked Paypal accounts are used to buy items. As soon as the seller tries to transfer the money to their bank account Paypal blocks the transaction. There is no recource for the seller.

There is NO reason for someone in the same city as you to pay via paypal since you will be meeting the person to sell the item anyways. Other things to look for are the person doesn't give you their phone number, they always call you and its a private number.

The police have had some success in aprehending a few of the scammers but not much more than that. Be careful and use your judgment when buying or selling on the forum.

This is a scam. Hacked Paypal accounts are used to buy items. As soon as the seller tries to transfer the money to their bank account Paypal blocks the transaction. There is no recource for the seller.

There is NO reason for someone in the same city as you to pay via paypal since you will be meeting the person to sell the item anyways. Other things to look for are the person doesn't give you their phone number, they always call you and its a private number.

The police have had some success in aprehending a few of the scammers but not much more than that. Be careful and use your judgment when buying or selling on the forum.
Also if the person is overseas and tries to get u to accept paypall and have someone come pick up the package. It is also a scam. Someone tried it on me with my mags. Once they have the package they block the transaction saying they never got anything. Google it. Scary stuff...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

can you pull the same scam if you send a interact etransfer?
I don't know but if I don't have a cash transaction I would not let him leave with my stuff unless I had something written saying he received the merchandise. Or else I guess he can always contest he didn't receive it and maybe the bank would then revert the transaction?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

can you pull the same scam if you send a interact etransfer?

Non , j'ai demandé a ma banque et une fois que le transfer est complété ( entré la réponse a la question secrète et accepter le transfer ) l'argent ne peut plus bouger , aucun claim ne peut être fait de la part de l'acheteur

Back