Central Air Condionning --> Possibly got ripped off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition101

Legacy Member
Hey everyone, my dad finally decided to install a central AC. At first he didin't really know which model he would go for but finally settled with a YORK model. The compagny that installed the AC installed a GUARDIAN model which they claim is a YORK. I later checked on the internet for some information and noticed that the YORK and the GUARDIAN did not look alike. Can anyone help me out? Is it the same thing? Did we get ripped off? It's been 3 days we installed the AC.

Thanks!

Is this used with existing air ducts ? or is this those little radiator types ?

Check the model number listed on your contract and the model number on the actual unit and then complain or get a rebate for the price difference. Did you pay them yet ? I love fighting with contractors, its my specialty ! ...LoL

Is this used with existing air ducts ? or is this those little radiator types ?

Check the model number listed on your contract and the model number on the actual unit and then complain or get a rebate for the price difference. Did you pay them yet ? I love fighting with contractors, its my specialty ! ...LoL
The model number is a model from Guardian, and at the bottom of the model number its written York in small. I heard Guardian uses pieces of York to make there AC's...?

all right here it goes again with retarded contractors making a bad name for the rest of us...

The guardian series is a lower end unit model, built with SOME YORK parts, in a YORK factory.

I do not know how much he charged you for the machine itself, but it should be around 15% LESS than a genuine YORK model.

You have the right to have the contractor remove the unit and install a YORK unit. IF he refuses, you can have him take down the unit, and simply head to someone else to install the proper unit your agreed on in the first place.

Merci pour ta réponse ça aide beaucoup. J'ai téléphoné à York et d'après le S/N de l'appareil la représentante m'a dit que ce modèle est exactement le même qu'un York original. Elle a dit que York a 2 autres branche, soit Coleman et Luxaire. De plus, elle m'a dit que ce modèle est commun au trois et vient avec une garanti de 5 ans... Je sais pas si c'est vrai. Le contracteur nous a chargé 3100$ a la place de 2600$ pour un modèle semblable de marque Haeir.

Qu'est-ce que vous en dites?

Si c'est comme tu dis je vais lui dire de venir l'enlever.

Le modèle est: AC024X1322B

D'après Google c'est un Coleman, alors en effet je me suis faite fouré... Je l'appelle demain ce fils de pute.

Normalement ça coûte combien un modèle semblable de chez York?

Merci les gars/filles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back