I finally got my mk2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinMK2VR6

Hello all the veedubbers out there. Well, for about 2 years now, I have considered myself a dubber, but, due to a lack of funds, or poor judgement rather, I was never able to bye my VW. Today, on May 31st, my journey begins toward the 91 GTI VR6 beast. I have already paid a deposit on a 94 VR6 engine, and soon I will begin preparing the engine and the car for the swap...

It is a 1991 GTI, 8 valve engine, little to no rust (a few dings maybe the size of a pea). It has a shaved hatch, single round grille (with a badge, but, soon to be badgeless )
She runs pretty smooth, a little bit of an idle issue, and what sounds like an exhaust leak, but that should all be worked out by the end of the weekend... Other than that, the driver seat moves a little, I believe the bracket is loose or missing a bolt... And there was a puncture in one of the hoses from the radiator, that I shall be replacing tomorrow... Other than that it's tip top and drives like a beauty. And will only get better and better. I plan to make this one of the fastest 8 valves on the road this summer, and over the winter, put in the VR6, and then she will really be a blast to drive...

I will be posting updates whenever there will be any, and I am so proud to have joined the community officially !

Looking Forward to a long life with VW,
Chris
Now For Pics
golf3.jpg

golf.jpg

golf2.jpg

golf4.jpg

The pictures were taken at Sylvain volks.. I recognize his lot.. Nice purchase, I just hope that you took all your precautions before buying the car...

x2

Lots of horror stories for that guy. I went there 2 times and it was uber sketchy, once with a friend who bought a car from Sylvain Volks. He ran through lots of problems.

Other than that, the driver seat moves a little, I believe the bracket is loose or missing a bolt...

This is what you need (the ones on the top):

seatbushing%20kit.jpg

You can get them brand new on ebay for like 5$ or just ask Sylvano for one.. He should give it to you free.. Mind you he might not have them laying around because they all break, he'll probably want to keep the ones he has..
I have a set at home but I'm holding on to them in case on fo mine breaks.. ;)

x2

Lots of horror stories for that guy. I went there 2 times and it was uber sketchy, once with a friend who bought a car from Sylvain Volks. He ran through lots of problems.

The thing is this; he gets scrapped cars and ''rebuilds'' them.. Often enough, they're put back together halfass(spl?)

He's a great guy to get parts or to patch up something that's getting out of hand until you get it fixed..

Seriously, he's in a business where if you play too straight, you won't play long.. He's been around forever..

The thing is this; he gets scrapped cars and ''rebuilds'' them.. Often enough, they're put back together halfass(spl?)

He's a great guy to get parts or to patch up something that's getting out of hand until you get it fixed..

Seriously, he's in a business where if you play too straight, you won't play long.. He's been around forever..

True for parts you can't go wrong but like you say the problem is the cars he sells.

My friend had to repais lots of things in a short period. Things that Sylvain probably said "I won't this, it's still good for another month" type a thing.

True for parts you can't go wrong but like you say the problem is the cars he sells.

My friend had to repais lots of things in a short period. Things that Sylvain probably said "I won't this, it's still good for another month" type a thing.

hahah! Ya, typical.. I bought my silver Rabbit from him and about 1.5months after I bought it, the motor blew.. Good thing I still had my 16V! :D

I did indeed buy this from Sylvano, and he ensured me, should I ever run into a problem, with either the car itself, or during my swap, he will be there 100% to make sure I'm happy. I have another 2 friends soon planning on picking up some cars, so, hopefully I'm happy with it, and he'll get more business :) And as of yet, I am very happy with it. It does however worry me a little to know he rebuilds scrapped cars, but in this case, It seems like a very solid car. I'll post updates whenever needed. Peace

I did indeed buy this from Sylvano, and he ensured me, should I ever run into a problem, with either the car itself, or during my swap, he will be there 100% to make sure I'm happy. I have another 2 friends soon planning on picking up some cars, so, hopefully I'm happy with it, and he'll get more business :) And as of yet, I am very happy with it. It does however worry me a little to know he rebuilds scrapped cars, but in this case, It seems like a very solid car. I'll post updates whenever needed. Peace

Hey, don't get us wrong, not all his cars are like that sometimes, he just adds some little things like nicer wheels or change the grill or little things like that to make the car more attractive.. I love having him close to my place because of parts or little quick fixes I cant do myself.. Good luck with your swap, enjoy and congratulations again!

sylvain is my gf uncle, man its great to hear that most people felt the same way as i did. He went out of business, so now he working at john Scotti restoring old Ferrari's and stuff. he told me he might reopen if he can find a partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back