Un bon "torque wrench", c'est important!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To bad it doesn't work. I saw it yesterday.
That was one of the funniest ones I have seen in a long time.
I think he needed more than a torque wrench.

its not cuz of a bad torque wrench, its becouse he had the wrong lugnuts with the wrong thread, thus it being human error.

Qu'est-ce qui s'est passé? :dunno:

Comment peut-on perdre 4 roues, en même temps, après 3 secondes de piste? :(

Ce ne serait pas vraiment surprenant. Un avion de ligne a déjà «crashé» parce qu'un mécano avait utilisé des boulons avec le mauvais pas (thread).

Selon les dernières infos, il a utilisé les mauvaises "lug nuts". Bizarre! :dunno:

C'est un bon argument pour promouvoir les inspections techniques avant les premières "runs". Certains logbooks demandent d'écrire les valeurs de couple de serrage afin de conscientiser les conducteurs à cet élément ne sécurité. Plus les voitures sont modernes, moins elles demandent l'intervention mécanique de leur proprio et plus ceux-ci pensent trop souvent qu'une voiture roule tout seul, sans nécessiter d'entretien ou de supervision. On est loin des années où il fallait synchroniser ls carbus avant chaque run...

Sur le sujet des roues, le scénario classique d'une perte de roue(s) c'est quand la voiture est conduite et maintenue par deux amis. Chacun pense que l'autre à "torqué" les roues... Ouch...

Last edited:
C'est un bon argument pour promouvoir les inspections techniques avant les premières "runs". Certains logbooks demandent d'écrire les valeurs de couple de serrage afin de conscientiser les conducteurs à cet élément ne sécurité. Plus les voitures sont modernes, moins elles demandent l'intervention mécanique de leur proprio et plus ceux-ci pensent trop souvent qu'une voiture roule tout seul, sans nécessiter d'entretien ou de supervision. On est loin des années où il fallait synchroniser ls carbus avant chaque run...

Sur le sujet des roues, le scénario classique d'une perte de roue(s) c'est quand la voiture est conduite et maintenue par deux amis. Chacun pense que l'autre à "torqué" les roues... Ouch...

Héhé Lee, si j'ai appris quelque chose de mon école de Solosprint c'est de bien torquer mes roues avant chaque événement de piste... Y'avait un certain évangéliste sur place :dunno::bigup:

Hé hé. :bigup:

L'été précédent, un conducteur de Audi avait perdu une roue dans le virage du "Key Hole" au bout de la piste de drag à Sanair... Shit happens, mais ça peut être évité..

From what I understood, he asked for correct bolt to track shop, was given wrong bolts (either pitch or size). They torqued down correctly, but stripped the studs instantly.

I've been told when you check nuts torque, you should slightly loosen them. a) to avoid over torquing b) to make sure they this stuff doesn't happen and the bolts are effectively torquing. Makes sense?

From what I understood, he asked for correct bolt to track shop, was given wrong bolts (either pitch or size). They torqued down correctly, but stripped the studs instantly.

I've been told when you check nuts torque, you should slightly loosen them. a) to avoid over torquing b) to make sure they this stuff doesn't happen and the bolts are effectively torquing. Makes sense?

Makes a lot of sense. This practice also prevents the studs from stretching, thus being less prone to break.

I've been told when you check nuts torque, you should slightly loosen them. a) to avoid over torquing

Yup, that's the correct way to d it. And after initial torquing, do a few stop and go and re-torque . Mags "place" themselves and bolts need re-torquing.

Next time you go out, loosen, re-torque and do the stop and go and re-torque.

Tom Motorsport Anodized Lightweight Titanium Super Sport Ultra Fast Performance Screwing Lug nuts.... lol

BTW I still don't get how somebody can install wrong nuts. If the threads are different (like 1.5 and 1.25) the nut will not engage for long. If the nut is the wrong size (14mm nut on 12mm stud) then it is very obvious something is wrong as the nut will be very loose. And if the nut seats are different (round versus tapper shoulders) then it takes some time before a nut would unthread.

Something is very fishy here and I doubt that the nut supplier can be blamed. Like was mentionned, is that a hoax? Any driver who just doesn't know that a nut is not "right" in such an obvious way shouldn't even drive a 50cc moped. I guess that the driver of the Mazda deserves its bad experience. Or maybe the organizers should have had a short tech session for novice drivers and guided him...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back