48000 KM maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan2.5RS

Is it really worth it?
The dealer quoted me $475 plus taxes for the 48 000km maintnance on a 2.5RS. Has anybody done this, and is it really worth it?
Do I REALLY need to have this done? If not, should i do a simple oil change, or a simple 24000km maintnance again?

Let me know. Thanks!

I haven't done it yet on my car, and I don't know what the 48k Service entails, but I usually get a second opinion from a trusted mechanic before having anything done. Not to mention the fact that the Stealership overcharges for just about every part they sell.

Your best bet is to call Ryan and ask him for his honest opinion. Call me if you need his number. :)

IF you speak to Ryan, see what he says about it, but i dont think i am going to do it!!

LOL @ stealership!!

Below is the maintenance schedule for 24 and 48K.. I think most of that stuff you can do on your own. Pocket the cash and buy some treats for the car. I do most of my own maintenance and have saved myself thousands of dollars in labour easily. My car is on jackstands right now..new SS brake lines (new fluid), new pads, clean and painted the calipers. Front swaybar and links tomorrow hopefully.

Maintenance site

At 24,000 km All items listed at "Every 6,000 km service" plus:
Replace air filter(s)
Rotate tires and inspect for wear. Perform wheel alignment if necessary. (Additional charge)
Lubricate all weather strips including sun roof
Service and lubricate front and rear calipers
Inspect brake pads and linings
Inspect, service and adjust parking brake system
Inspect all steering and suspension components
Inspect and service battery cables and terminals
Test engine coolant for strength (-45°C) and inspect hoses and clamps
Reset Engine Control Management System

At 48,000 km All items listed at 6,000 km and 24,000 km services plus:
Replace engine coolant and add SUBARU COOLANT CONDITIONER
Replace spark plugs (except Turbo and H-6)
Inspect accessory drive belt(s)
Inspect PCV valve and replace if necessary
Inspect all hydraulic brake and clutch lines
Replace brake fluid
Inspect all emissions related hoses and connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back