Need help deciding which cell phone to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbora13

ive narrowed it down and im left with the

Motorolla ming a1200
http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_a1200-1429.php

and the Motorola E6 Rokr
http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_rokr_e6-1810.php

heres the thing...both these phones are almost the same..the only differences are that the A1200 has a flash for the camera and the E6 has better battery life...

either i spend 320 for a brand new a1200 or about the same for a slightly used E6 with 2 gigs of memory...

ide like to know what people think about these 2 phones....thanks

the E6 is nice in pictures but very ugly in real life personally ! they're both the same phones , they have the same specs , the menu is the same , its a question of look more than anything !!

personally i had the mingh , i liked it , the rokr is humongoid and ugly
personally speaking ...

if u txt message a lot, forget the Ming... it's a stupid touch screen with small keyboard u have to use the pen and tap on the screen... same thing with dialing numbers on a touch screen isn't as easy...

the rockr is ugly... and it's not a flip phone so u always have to lock your keypad...

i wouldn't go with neither of them... at the price you're willing to pay, u can get something better, just go check the "for sale" section, there's good deals on unlocked phones

yea i text alot however, i dont feel like having a boring phone...i want a phone that has a good camera...not too big to carry around and wifi would be a plus....and i dont mind touchscreen...i considered the E6 because it looks pretty slim and has everything i want except wifi...the ming is the same just that its a flip and has a flash but with a crappier battery...

oh and a decent sized screen is a must...the ming and e6 have a 2.4 inch display

and i need it to be a smartphone

ahahaha if u like text messaging FORGET IT !!!!!!!!! thats the main reason i sold mine ,i would suggest getting an HTC or something , they have WIFI , a QWERTY board and are very nice usually !! u will want to commit suicide with these two phones, text messagin g nightmares !

Hi,

I have a a1200 and unfortunatly the camera doesn't have a flash.

If i was you i would go with the a1200 cuz the e6 is only tri band. The a1200 is a quad band phone so you will have a much better reception with this phone.

For the a1200, the touchscreen is ok. You can dialed or browse trough your contact with your finger without any problems but you cannot text with your finger. On the other side, when you text message with the pen, it goes really really fast and it much better than a normal cell phone.

I think the main reason why the a1200 is better is cuz of the quad-band.

I hope this will help you

Even with a good flash, beyond 5 fts, it's pretty much useless.

Never been a fan of Motorola, between these 2 the E6 gets my vote. A simple hack can turn the E6 into a quadband phone. If you want to spend a little more, go check out the Sony Ericsson newest smartphone, the P1. It's got a qwerty keypad and 3G ready.

EDIT: Nevermind about the P1, it's only triband. You might not have the best signal everywhere. You should stick with quadband, therefore the E6 with quadband hack.

Last edited:
yep yep if i get the E6 it's gonna be hacked for Quad band...my friend did it to his and it works perfect...

oh and i was looking at the P1 but having had a sony ericsson in the past...the poor reception bugs me...i dont wanna spend that much and still have to ask the person on the other end to repeat what they said.......

still hesitating about the texting issue...

Sony Ericsson and Motorola have probably the best reception. My K790a have 5 bars all around town. Maybe your previous SE phone was only triband? Anyways like I said, between the two phones, I take the E6. If you are a big texter, pick another phone with a real keypad.

HTC S621. Got mine for $340+50 to unlock and it's well worth it. Smartphone with WIFI, keyboard, all kinds of tweaks you can do to it, and it's relatively small and looks pretty good in my opinion. However, don't base yourself on pictures, go see it at Rogers and try it out...Let us know!!!

I've used the A1200 but only seen the E6. Still, I'd take the A1200 over the E6.
the A1200 looks way better built quality and eye catching (specially the white or red) than the E6 which looks cheap, boring look and huge.

about the touchscreen of the A1200, i don't find it any incovinient about it. pretty sensible and nice resolution.

i tried the E6 today...the touchscreen is easy to use and the texting wasnt THAT hard.. it had a dictionary that keeps your common words in memory...the E6 was bigger than i expected but its no where near bulky or TOO big...when it really comes down to it, its just a choice of looks...

i donno...i kinda find the E6 classier looking than the flip a1200... maybe im crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back