1995-98 240sx....

Status
Not open for further replies.

System

Legacy Member
Hey a friend of mine is intrested in buying one of these cars, he knows how rare they are and he will wait for on to pop up!! I am just wondering, what are they major problem areas of the car, he wants to know what to check and inspect before he buys the car, thx!!

Rusted fenders, under the driver's seat rust in the floor, except rust... mechanically if not over 200,000km it should be fine :)

People should always get a car inspected before buying it.. and main things to look at are:

suspension, braking system, weird noises, ball joint, bearings etc... drive test it also alot! so no surprises when you buy it...
Anyways how much is the 240 he wants to buy it will give us a hint :)

Rust, rust and rust. Plus the shocks get real weak real fast, the front tension rod bushings will break and leak etc etc. Lots of suspension stuff gets a little worn, cause this is when the cars were built for uh... comfort (don't ask me why) they are notorious for shock tower rust, and engine bay rust in certain spots... the little things like a rattleing trunk and stuff like that are annoying but easily fixed. so test drive, see what rattles, then ask... oh and for the bearings, its easy, look under the front end, the two long bars that go to the front subframe member will have goo leaking out of them... that means they aer poop.

I just saw the one that you were looking at... 390,000kms? who cares what is on the engine... you have a lot too look at on that frame. Taht is a ton of mileage... and means it was winter driven almost for sure... unless the guy does 100k per summer... which most truckers don't do....

Hey guys, if anyone is interessted my 240sx is up for sale.
1995, Nissan 240 sx se, 5 speed, gold/black and grey, Xplod sound system, Pioneer speakers, clean, maintanance records, new brakes, excellent driving condition at 188,000kms. Very sweet ride!! $8, 500
e-mail: nadzub@netscape.net
phone: (514) 726-9855 speak to Faisal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back