working downtown sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats why public transit should be promoted and expanded, use your car to do chores and long trips, use transit to get to work, extend metro lines and bring back the street cars as soon as possible, theres a tramway proposal for 2012 but in quebec standards that means 2050 *blah*

C'est parce que c'est très difficile de convraincre un automobiliste qui aime sa voiture et son confort. La plupart des usagers des transports en communs sont ceux qui ne sont pas capable de se permettre une voiture. Quelqu'un qui a les moyen de rouler un char même si c'est une vidange va faire n'importe quoi pour conduire. Il va se lever plus tot, emprunter une autre route ou se stationner ailleur mais le transport en commun sera sa dernière solution.

Ok so you will hop into the train at Beasconsfield, you have 2 choices, getting out at Vendome Metro station or Lucien-Lailier (Bell Center).

From there, you take Orange Metro line in Montmenrency direction. I prefer getting out at vendome, Metro is just beside the railroad.

From Vendome to Berri is 14-15 minutes, so continue to beaubien or rosemont, probably 5 minutes more.

They're is a lot of chicks also in the train :bigup:

FYI http://www.amt.qc.ca/tc/train/index.asp

moi je crois qu'une ligne de train du west island et qui connectrait avec le metro(tu reste dans le meme wagon c juste que il va souterre sur la ligne de metro) serait ideal

I would take the train in (Vendome) and then take the metro two stops. I sleep or read on the train. No headaches, no traffic, no parking fees, I loved it!

When I did take my car, I got hit once while I was parked, I got my whole stereo stolen another time. Metro or train is the way to go.

Ok so you will hop into the train at Beasconsfield, you have 2 choices, getting out at Vendome Metro station or Lucien-Lailier (Bell Center).

From there, you take Orange Metro line in Montmenrency direction. I prefer getting out at vendome, Metro is just beside the railroad.

From Vendome to Berri is 14-15 minutes, so continue to beaubien or rosemont, probably 5 minutes more.

They're is a lot of chicks also in the train :bigup:

FYI http://www.amt.qc.ca/tc/train/index.asp

sounds amazing!! Thanks alot for the help!

I don't have a problem with working downtown, I live in Brossard and it takes me approx: 30 minutes in the morning (8:30AM) and 15-20 mins in the evening (4:30) by car !

I live just on the other side of the Champlain Bridge and I can see the traffic from here :)

It's not just downtown. Just about an hour ago I parked on the street across my house and as I was going in the house I saw the guy parked in front of me pull out but he totally backed into my car! so I see my car shaking and he just slowly leaves as if nothing happened, he didn't even come out to check.
So naturally I get pissed and ran up to the f*cker and literally threw myself in front of his car making him screech his tires. Some dude in his 50s with his perhaps 20 yo daughter are terrified looking at me and I lay it out to him how I saw him hit my car and sh*t.
I go around his car and yell out loud his plate number just so he knows and inspected my car while he stayed idling there.
Then he sheepishly says 'oh it was just a small thump' (luckily no scratch). so I look at him in disgust for about 10 seconds and the fuker doesn't know what to do and looks ahead.
I look at the girl who looks as if she's about to cry her eyeballs out so I take a deep breath tell him it's ok.

The guy took off like a bat outta hell but man people ....just these people with no respect!

I don't have a problem with working downtown, I live in Brossard and it takes me approx: 30 minutes in the morning (8:30AM) and 15-20 mins in the evening (4:30) by car !

I live just on the other side of the Champlain Bridge and I can see the traffic from here :)

they have excellent transit in the south shore, i love how busy the bus lane is in the morning during rushhour, looks like a train of buses and there are talks about a light rail train crossing the river...check it out!
estacadeponthc2.jpg

*tu*

It's not just downtown. Just about an hour ago I parked on the street across my house and as I was going in the house I saw the guy parked in front of me pull out but he totally backed into my car! so I see my car shaking and he just slowly leaves as if nothing happened, he didn't even come out to check.
So naturally I get pissed and ran up to the f*cker and literally threw myself in front of his car making him screech his tires. Some dude in his 50s with his perhaps 20 yo daughter are terrified looking at me and I lay it out to him how I saw him hit my car and sh*t.
I go around his car and yell out loud his plate number just so he knows and inspected my car while he stayed idling there.
Then he sheepishly says 'oh it was just a small thump' (luckily no scratch). so I look at him in disgust for about 10 seconds and the fuker doesn't know what to do and looks ahead.
I look at the girl who looks as if she's about to cry her eyeballs out so I take a deep breath tell him it's ok.

The guy took off like a bat outta hell but man people ....just these people with no respect!

x2

working downtown doesnt suck, living in the sububs and working DT does

Bingo!

I could think of a million to one reasons why i'd rather work downtown oppose to suburbs

As for bumper scuffs on the car, every notice the bumpers in a larger city?

Wow what an asshole. I would have plowed the shit out of his daughter on his hood and cum all over his seats for revenge.

Working downtown 0wnz.
I can take a walk from the office during lunch. I can do some shopping.
It helps that I live 15 minutes from downtown.
5 years in Northern NJ was enough suburbia for me.
I chose living in a smaller place and not driving forever everywhere instead of a big house in the suburbs.
Don't worship the car like it's holy or something. Scratches don't ruin it unless it is some sort of a collectible.

Meh, I used to take the bus/metro from Chomedey everyday to Dawson for 2 years then I was in night school for a semester and I really hated taking the metro that late especially getting out at Cote-Vertu at like 10:30 where there's no lights anywhere on the Laval side and I said f'ck this, I started taking my car down, I have my spots for free parking and its been 3 years even now at Concordia I always drive down, its more worth it.

From Laval to Dt it would take me about an hour go and an hour come home everyday. And the bus is a good 7-8 min walk from my house unless I want to transfer. Not to mention from the time I turned 21 the Laval bus pass to allow me on the metro costs like 105 or 110$, I go to school 3 days a week, that's roughly 120km's go and come back by car, I start at 10:15 and finish at 1 or 12:45 which means I'm never in traffic going or coming home so it takes me 20-30mins to get home or go to school which is half or less the time it used to take me by bus. By doing 120km's a week, thats 480 a month which is a tank of gas, it costs me roughly 45-50$ to fill up from empty which means I spend half the money I used to buying bus passes on gas.

I have the convenience of being in my car, alone, drinking my coffee or whatever in my peace, listen to the radio on the way to school, listen on the way back, sometimes I can take the scenic route through pine ave/park ave and just enjoy the beautiful day since I finish at a great time and its just a pleasant drive home. I'm not stuck downing my life 50ft. below surface level with a bunch of smelly people and homeless people who all look like they hate their lives, if I want to go somewhere after school I can just drive there, I don't need to go all the way home, get my car and then go back to wherever that is. So yes, it can be annoying sometimes having to deal with traffic, but for the whole, I wouldn't trade driving for public transportation anyday.

sucks for me.. I live 2 mins from the new metro in Laval, but just got a job at Fedex st-laurent off the 40, so now I can't even take advantage cuz I go to school every day and it would make no sense for me to go home only to go back on the 40, so I'm just gonna drive half way like I've been doing for a few years.

I also know a guy know's now an accountant, bought a brand new RX-8 GT, but takes the bus/metro every day to go to work. Maybe its the gas? Maybe its for the reason the OP started this thread... its beats me. I'd atleast drive to Montmorency and pay for indoor parking.

sucks for me.. I live 2 mins from the new metro in Laval, but just got a job at Fedex st-laurent off the 40, so now I can't even take advantage cuz I go to school every day and it would make no sense for me to go home only to go back on the 40, so I'm just gonna drive half way like I've been doing for a few years.

I also know a guy know's now an accountant, bought a brand new RX-8 GT, but takes the bus/metro every day to go to work. Maybe its the gas? Maybe its for the reason the OP started this thread... its beats me. I'd atleast drive to Montmorency and pay for indoor parking.

**** that indoor parking is a rip off 60$ a month + you need the pass to use it's retarded. Thank god I know a few free parking spots around concordia I haven't decided yet if ill be driving down or commuting it's only a 35-45 min commute for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back