I really need help to start modifying my 1989 corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da-Twins

Legacy Member
i have a 1989 toyota corolla and i want to start to modify it but i dont know where to start. I just want to start off at the begining, then someday in the future ride with the best.[in a better car]

'89's are carbed right? Before you do any mods, make sure all the maintenance is done first! That's what I would spend my time on. Then go on to modifications, I don't really know where to start on these cars, but getting more air in, is a good place to begin.

Yeah thats where I start, getting the thing running.
I think you can swap in a FWD 4age motor. But according to car point the car is fuel injected.

If not what you can do is go to the junkyard and buy a motor from a 91 or 92 corolla and swap that in. Make sure to get all computers and what not.

Last edited:
What about swapping one of the bigger engines from the Camry and what not? When a friend had his '91 Carolla, we always thought of doing that.

Good ideas,one of the only problems i'm having with it is,when i shut it off the engine is still tryin to turn over.

Good ideas,one of the only problems i'm having with it is,when i shut it off the engine is still tryin to turn over.
Like after you shut it off, it kinda still wants to run? Check the ignition timing, and if the engine has a carburator, the carb might need a rebuild sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back