NHL 08 is the biggest rip off ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition101

Legacy Member
I loved NHL 07, EA did a wonderfull job on the first next gen game. They risked the NHL 07 game by introducing the new skill stick controls which rocked. However, this years game sucks badly! Here's why:

1 on 1 deke is the gayest thing this year. It's useless and it get's verrrrrrrrrrrry repetitive at the end.

They tried to fix the crappy goals in 07 by blocking the puck at the red line in 08, look at the replays, if the puck is on the red line, it will never cross it no matter what!

Talking about replay's, it's a shame watching them. The puck changes directions out of nowhere and the players don't even move correctly.

When you play on superstar, the AI is bionic. It will rape the f**k out of your team. They never do any mistakes, they always make perfect plays and it's impossible to take the puck from them. They do moves that are not even accessible to the user and they protect the puck with moves you can't even do!!!

Even with the hardest slapshot the puck moves very slowly, except in the replays. I prefered the slapshot in 07.

It's the game with the most bug's iv'e ever seen in my life.

The only good thing about this game this year is the skating engine, THATS IT!!!

So for the people who want a good hockey game, go get NHL 07 from last year and save 50$.

Does anyone agree with me?

I dunno bro, I love NHL 08. Its a big time improvement on 07, although u make some valid points. I'm a very good player and superstar is pretty hard. It makes u realize how much u have to work on D.

But in no way is it a ripoff.

I dunno bro, I love NHL 08. Its a big time improvement on 07, although u make some valid points. I'm a very good player and superstar is pretty hard. It makes u realize how much u have to work on D.

But in no way is it a ripoff.

Same here. Played with my friend and loved it a lot.

you should have tried the pc version of nhl 2008. it's even worst.

good thing i've downloaded and deleted it 15 mins after playing with it. nhl 2008 on x-box 360 is much better

hahahha i post once a year but ill remember this all my life

ignition101 = Tranny f@cker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant stop wont stop eh eh ehn

nhl 08 on ps3 and x360 is the best thing since sliced bread. 1v1 dekes arent useless, you just need to know how to use them properly

nhl 08 > nhl 07

The amazing thinkg about 08 i find is the zone setup and the powerplay actually mean something becuase you can set up ..

But the ****e dup part is a play ppl online that rape me 8-0 its like everyshot they take goes in or hits the post its ridiculous

and the game is buggy as ****

u forgot more good stuff such as constant 60fps which makes the game look beautiful. also the players without the puck actually know where to position themselves to set up plays and we can finally use the D on offense cuz they actually stay on the good side of the blue line.
deking system is great i find, at a point everyone will know how to counter the obvious ones but u can really burn someone hard on others.
etc...
one of th best nhl's ever IMO

p.s. u have some valid points tough but u have to weight the improvements with the shit they messed up

I think this version is a big step up from last year at least in terms of the scores, I remember last year on hard I used to win like 9-2 and those 2 goals they'd score were off of like 4 shots that they got all game, now the scores finish a lot closer and the shots are what they should be, not me blowing them out but they score at an 80% rate.

The only thing I don't like about the game is the defense....I find it hard to hit unless you're going full speed at the guy.....anyways overall I like the game. Is it worth trying 2k8 or is it shit?

Ignition101, no offense, but it just as sounds as though your not good at this game. Hence, your frustration for this game. Like Mikey SIR said, Superstar mode actually makes you work hard on defense this year. This is easily the best NHL game we've had out. Tons of fun, and challenging, something we haven't had in years.

nhl 08 est 1000X mieux que 2007 ! c comme du vrai hockey si taime pas ca va acheter 2k8 ... va jouer a larcade pendant que les grand joue au hockey

Ignition101, no offense, but it just as sounds as though your not good at this game. Hence, your frustration for this game. Like Mikey SIR said, Superstar mode actually makes you work hard on defense this year. This is easily the best NHL game we've had out. Tons of fun, and challenging, something we haven't had in years.
None taken, I'm not saying stuff like that out of my head, every thing I said is validated with a proof of the game. It's a good game, but there's alot of improvement to make that's all.

And for the tranny stuff, once again it was a troll post get over people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back