BEE-R rev limiter sont utilité ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i guess thats where we differ, i wont sacrifice my engine for a few extra hp off of the line... always kept my afr in the mid 11's and never leaned it out... but then again you drive a dsm so rebuilding your motor is done as often as oil changes...

heres my x-scrapbox:
http://forums.montrealracing.com/showthread.php?t=495414

built it, daily drove it, raced it and it never broke, id be very surprised if you could say the same!

true, i drove a 1.8t .. i was reving in neutral and i could hear the blow off valve

i was looking at the boost gauge and it showed 2-3psi

sorry but you are wrong on this one

ok...... le bee-r ne crée pas de boost au neutre ????
tu l'as déja essayé ????
viens voir mon boost gauge avec le bee-r et on verra ensuite le nombre de fellations que tu me feras

nightrider si tu me fait rire, la fonction premier dun 2 step style bee-r est de batir du boost au neutre, pour que lors de ton decolage tu sois full boost fait des recherches un peu et tu viendra t'ostiner apres pcq la tu te ridiculise pas mal.

"This is Bee*R’s popular two-stage ignition cutting rev-limiter. It is used to prevent damage arising from over-revving your engine. Part of the reason for its popularity is the large flames and loud bangs it produces from the exhaust when active!

The way in which it works differs from the factory rev limiter in that it is an ignition cut, as opposed to a fuel cut. The reason for this is because if an engine (particularly turbocharged) regularly hits a fuel-cut rev limit (such as in high performance driving, or particularly drifting) engine damage can arise due to the lean condition produced when the original ECU shuts off the fuel pump. The BEE*R rev-limiter allows fuel to pass into the engine still, limiting engine speed by disabling the ignition signal. The Bee*R rev limiter is fully adjustable in 500rpm increments, for safety reasons allowing only a lower rev-limit to be configured than standard. If you have spent a lot of money tuning your engine, or are running at high RPM’s for extended periods of time, it could be recommended to run a lower rev-limit to prolong engine life. Both Formula 1 and JGTC cars use ignition cutting rev limiters, so it is a fully race proven concept.

The Bee*R can also be used as a “two stage rev limiter”, as an aid for launching your car. The Bee*R is configurable for two different rev-limits. A lower rev limit can be activated by a switch, the handbrake switch often being used. This configurable lower limit, can be set to the optimum RPM to launch your particular car from in 500rpm increments. When the handbrake is released, the usual rev limit comes into action, allowing quick launches, and full performance down the strip.

The Bee*R rev-limiter has another final neat feature. The gain control knob allows you to adjust the frequency of the ignition cut. This in turn changes the frequency and sound of the flames and bangs from your exhaust!

Available for use with all rotary, 4 and 6 cylinder engines. (No V8 application)"

its weird how on the website it says nothing about building boost off the line or in neutral.... it says that its used to cut ignition at a given rpm and along with that its used as a launch control... u guys must have the ultra gangsta version that gives you a trillion psi in neutral on stock cars.... this is by no means a true anti lag system, there is no additional spark plug that will ignite the unburnt fuel... all its doing is cutting the ignition at a preset rpm! the unburnt fuel most of the times will past the turbo then ignite while passing the precats... its not an antilag system!

Last edited:
please can someone show me a couple sources of info that says indefinitely that the bee*r rev limiter is an anti lag system... until then u are all wrong and i am right!

Even better if one of you know it all's can show me a video of a stock car with bee'r installed making boost in neutral and holding it, id be very suprised...

ive read numerous people that agree with me and i cant believe all you dickheads still think that a stock car will build and hold boost in neutral, heres a couple others on the net that i have quoted:

"No...it's not car sense, and almost NO cars spool into positive psi while in neutral, not much more than 1-2 pounds. I'm tired of people that don't have answers but pretend they do by saying negligent b.s. 99% of turbo cars DO NOT build positive pressure aka boost if revved while in neutral...it doesn't happen because there is relatively no load on the car in comparison to when it is in gear and actually moving."

"The only cars i've seen build boost in neutral are a) poorly set up cars, b) srt-4's, c) cars with tiny turbo's that can build pressure even on the little of load that might be present while in neutral. By PHYSICS, a properly set up car should only pull itself up to neutral pressure (just out of vacuum) when revved in neutral. However, there can always be an exception, but if you have no mechanical knowledge, then don't worry about answering my question by basically just saying "it just does". "

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SHht6Vlyg0I
read comments

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6fNiLFGu1oM
notice how he cant hold the boost ?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fTaVpBwDNjs
would u look at it this again, another turbo car that doesnt hold the boost in neutral

its ok guys ill forgive all of you for your ignorance!

Please dont reply unless its proof of what you are saying, too much of this "oh my brothers gf's father's car out in amos builds boost in neutral", i wanna see videos, quotes from websites or other solid proof like i have provided!!! until then all of your arguments are useless.

Last edited:
Your text makes no sens, there is no way the ecu can shut the fuel pump off. You are clown and you should go back to your own planet. You looks like the worst idiot ever. :gtfo:

Le pire c'est que je t'ai montré toutes les preuves qu'un cutoff donnait du boost au neutre, mais tu es trop cave pour comprendre les graphiques... j'irai certainement pas faire un video pour ta tete de linote !!!

"The stutterbox launch RPM is implemented as a simple fuel cut mechanism, exactly like the factory rev limiter."
* http://dsmlink.com/details-rpms.html

and the result:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/almostock/mr/cave1.jpg

Yeah boost in neutral to launch the car.... OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THIS CANT BE TRUE !!!!!!!!! IT'S AGAINST THE LAW OF EVERYTHING IVE READ ON THE INTERWAB !!1111!!11

Last edited:
Dude...... tu fais pas de sens......

La raison pourquoi tu ne peut pas avoir de boost sur le neutre est que tu n'est pas asser lonhtemps a WOT..... Tu le dit toi même......

''not much more than 1-2 pounds.''

Si t'a le bee-r qui te permet de rester WOT mais sans (moin) dommagé ton moteur tu vas batir du boost....... Pis c sur que c pas comme un anti lag..... c pas les explosion dans l'exhaust qui crée le boost c le fait que t'es genre 5sec a WOT........

En tk...... moi j'l'ai vu marché....... pis stock ou pas ça fais pas de différence....... waste gate interne ou externe...... c là même affaire........

Your text makes no sens, there is no way the ecu can shut the fuel pump off. You are clown and you should go back to your own planet. You looks like the worst idiot ever. :gtfo:

Le pire c'est que je t'ai montré toutes les preuves qu'un cutoff donnait du boost au neutre, mais tu es trop cave pour comprendre les graphiques... j'irai certainement pas faire un video pour ta tete de linote !!!

"The stutterbox launch RPM is implemented as a simple fuel cut mechanism, exactly like the factory rev limiter."
* http://dsmlink.com/details-rpms.html

and the result:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/almostock/mr/cave1.jpg

Yeah boost in neutral to launch the car.... OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THIS CANT BE TRUE !!!!!!!!! IT'S AGAINST THE LAW OF EVERYTHING IVE READ ON THE INTERWAB !!1111!!11

you are the clown because that text is taken from the bee*r website....

Ok, here is a video, PAY CLOSE Attention to the first 2 seconds and listen. Thats a GTS-T with the Rev Limiter y'all are talking about, hes at about 4K RPM and look at his exhaust tip, shooting loud gunshot flames, BOMBAKLOT. hahaha

write bee r an email and re-explain them the law of physics, or you could get your head out of your ass and realize that all stock cars will cut fuel when you hit the rev limiter...

write bee r an email and re-explain them the law of physics, or you could get your head out of your ass and realize that all stock cars will cut fuel when you hit the rev limiter...

It cuts the injector duty cycle !!!! Not the fuel pump. If you don't know the basic of injection and ignition system then STFU !!!

Here we go for you.

What happens if you cut the fuel pump: You will still get fuel delivery (TOO MUCH) because you will still have pressure and fuel (qt) in your line & rail. (just like when you do a injectors balance test, if you ever did one...) So no real cutoff, just leaner AFR unless the ECU cut it off for real, but in this case, the ecu HAS NO CONTROL of anything. And it's realy dangerous.

So now, how a fuel cutoff works... The ecu drives the injectors and cut the injectors duty cycle real fast with pulsation. So the RPM go higher and lower.

Go back to your books my friend, you need it...

See the inj duty cycle: http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/almostock/mr/cave2.jpg

did i say anywhere that it cuts the fuel pump? i clearly stated that it cuts fuel... you are arguing with me about something that ive quoted from the bee r website... i told you already write them an email lol

keep believing that a stock car will build and hold boost in neutral...

Ok, here is a video, PAY CLOSE Attention to the first 2 seconds and listen. Thats a GTS-T with the Rev Limiter y'all are talking about, hes at about 4K RPM and look at his exhaust tip, shooting loud gunshot flames, BOMBAKLOT. hahaha

OMGG!!! This car is awesome!!!!! lol :thefinger:bigup:

"This is Bee*R’s popular two-stage ignition cutting rev-limiter. It is used to prevent damage arising from over-revving your engine. Part of the reason for its popularity is the large flames and loud bangs it produces from the exhaust when active!

The way in which it works differs from the factory rev limiter in that it is an ignition cut, as opposed to a fuel cut. The reason for this is because if an engine (particularly turbocharged) regularly hits a fuel-cut rev limit (such as in high performance driving, or particularly drifting) engine damage can arise due to the lean condition produced when the original ECU shuts off the fuel pump. The BEE*R rev-limiter allows fuel to pass into the engine still, limiting engine speed by disabling the ignition signal. The Bee*R rev limiter is fully adjustable in 500rpm increments, for safety reasons allowing only a lower rev-limit to be configured than standard. If you have spent a lot of money tuning your engine, or are running at high RPM’s for extended periods of time, it could be recommended to run a lower rev-limit to prolong engine life. Both Formula 1 and JGTC cars use ignition cutting rev limiters, so it is a fully race proven concept.

The Bee*R can also be used as a “two stage rev limiter”, as an aid for launching your car. The Bee*R is configurable for two different rev-limits. A lower rev limit can be activated by a switch, the handbrake switch often being used. This configurable lower limit, can be set to the optimum RPM to launch your particular car from in 500rpm increments. When the handbrake is released, the usual rev limit comes into action, allowing quick launches, and full performance down the strip.

The Bee*R rev-limiter has another final neat feature. The gain control knob allows you to adjust the frequency of the ignition cut. This in turn changes the frequency and sound of the flames and bangs from your exhaust!

Available for use with all rotary, 4 and 6 cylinder engines. (No V8 application)"

its weird how on the website it says nothing about building boost off the line or in neutral.... it says that its used to cut ignition at a given rpm and along with that its used as a launch control... u guys must have the ultra gangsta version that gives you a trillion psi in neutral on stock cars.... this is by no means a true anti lag system, there is no additional spark plug that will ignite the unburnt fuel... all its doing is cutting the ignition at a preset rpm! the unburnt fuel most of the times will past the turbo then ignite while passing the precats... its not an antilag system!

:run::run::run: That's pure ownage

This is just pure madness.

Im no car genious, but it seems its just common sense.

Positive pressure shouldnt be built in neutral. There is not enough load, and thats it. I mean, think about this. If turbo cars built boost under ANY load, then why is it possible to drive a turbo car without bringing it to boost? Because you can simply not give it enough throttle so there is not enough load to bring it to boost. I mean come on, its common sense. If what you were saying were true, it would be relatively impossible to do this. Obviously, in cases where your car doesnt need boost, i.e. under low load driving conditions, or in neutral, it wont. hope that makes sense, *puts flame suit on*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back