rb25det ds une 240 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp_turbo

Legacy Member
Ca fit tu un moteur de skyline ds une 240? si oui osaka ou autre peuvent t'il en avoir?
combien??
:bigup:

Oui ca fitte. Ce n'est pas aussi bolt-on qu'un sr20 par contre. Fais un search sur google ya des quantite de site sur ce swap la.

if yor serious and have 20K+car its very possible just know your not gonna be able to stay under 150 with that thing.
things needed: custom i/c, Fully cutom exhaust system (exhaust manifold off the head ALLL the way down to the muffler has all gotta be made custom) Greddy intake manifold, Custom tranny mount. GTS-T tranny (forgot exact model but a RB25 that came RWD) and lots of other things of course like engine management, clutch, flywheel, turbo (oem wont fit)

Lots lots lots of money, rb25 will destroy your handling capabilities!!!I think you have to back the firewall 2 or 3 inches, and lots of custom fitting, pain in the ass, but perfect for drag racing though...

firewall? what? RB25 wont KILL your handling. just better be ready to dish out for some nice Rotora or brembo 4 or 6 piston calipers up front (between 2-3K for big brakes up front) then need some custom spring rates on something STIFF like JIC flt-a2. your handling would rule. of course other miscellanious body stiffening bars and eliminating bushings help also. also the R33 front subframe is one i forgot.

it would kill the handling if youd leave the stock suspension, thats what i meant, and jic is not what i consider cheap.just finding a rb will be tough, even though i think osaka has one.Also that guy bought the whole clip which eliminates a lot of fitting troubles.Rb25 is not bolt-on and it WILL cost a fortune.

ouin ok je m'en tenir a un 4 cyl. turbo :(
mais ca aurais été hot!! fait chier que c autant de trouble ..mais personne a dit si ont peut trouver pieces équivalente sur un autre char??!!

Originally posted by sspikey
Not bolt on you say. great. keep thinking that.

sure, taken from the site mentionned in a previous post:

The tranny mount can be used, but must be taken off and flipped backwards
If you wish to use the stock engine fan that attaches to the fan clutch assembly, you will have to re-locate your radiator or extend the front end.
2) You will need to shave (using a dremel or similar tool) a small portion of the turbo manifold that connects to the downpipe. This is necessary for steering rack clearance and does no harm as long as you do not shave too much off.
3) You will need to make approximately a 6" cut of the hood skeleton to achieve hood clearance (which isn't visible from outside the car).
4) You will need either a RB25DET driveshaft or a custom one made to fit the RB25DET engine.

of course, its nothing like major troubles, but its not the typical Hey,ill-take- that-motor-and-fit-it-in-my-engine-bay kinda swap, like hondas but it does need custom stuff.I have made research on that swap b4, and i even asked a question to you sspikey:

"if you want to have a bling bling ooh aa factor and make a full drag car yes go ahead swap a RB25dett in an S13 has been done many times in japan and there are a couple state side. youll break ALOT of parts. car will lose handling but you will have a $$$$$ wangan racer/ drag car thats nuts!"
oh, by the way, why do they sell these then?

RB25 motor adapter kit $ 600.00 89-97 240SX all
Motor and trans adapter and rear crossmember with new mounts for installing the RB25 motor in the 240SX. Kit with custom driveshaft is $1150.

i will keep thinking it is not easy to fit a rb in a s13/14,that it costs a fortune and that a sr swap is a better idea.thank you.

Last edited:
I think you are missing the point. There is a "kit" to put a grand national engine into a toyota 4runner... but is it easy? no, will the differentials take it? no, is it cool as hell? yes. This is the point, the engine was never meant to go in the car, so there are a lot of x factors, like the extra weight on the front of the car, throwing the balance of the car off... the fact the engine doesn't ahve a lot of aftermarket support in this country, or the states for that matter, the fact there is very little knowledge (REAL practicle, go talk to the guy when you car doesn't start kind) in town, in the country or even onthe contenant. You are missing the point of how complicated things are above and beyond getting it in the car and getting it moving. Your question of why do they sell these then? Why do they sell ractive turbo shit mufflers? And windshield wiper LEDS, cause people go oooo ahhh... there is a kit to but a vg30dett in too? Why not go that way? Oh, I forgot not as bling bling... if you were gonna make a drag car, why not a 2jz? or an LT1 or a hemi? why stop at rb25? ITs a moot point and ridiculous to argue anymore.

wtf do i know i only talk to one guy with an RB26dett in his S14 up and running :rolleyes:

work on a SR car and then come back and tell me what bolts in :rolleyes: to me the RB is a bolt in as with the VG(trade secret but custom mounts are a better idea since theyre not PERFECT)

before you ask YES its real carbon fiber in that engine bay. Karl doesnt **** around ive been talking to him for about 4 months now. A programmer who didnt know fabrication till he decided to grab his money go buy tools and make his own BEAUTIFUL pieces.

http://cars.ign.com/articles/400/400755p1.html

ive got other special pics youll all see when the car is finished. It will be a beast. its started but now comes the bodywork, flares and tuning the ****er. Next time get info first hand. Internet copies suck. :rolleyes:

Good lord. I have followed that project somewhat, but the money time and knowledge he has... freakin amazing.

Josh: Karl doesnt know SHIT! thats what i love about it! he learnt everything and tried everything till he got things right. his car started out getting a big ass welder and welded everything metal he could see! got a grinder, took painting. Hes a programmer ;) just like the other S14 homo in this thread :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back