"Meeting Resistance" - an insightful film into the Iraq situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTLVR6

Legacy Member

This video clip from the upcoming, award winning film from Steve Connors and Molly Bingham, Meeting Resistance, portrays a side of the Iraqi insurgency President Bush doesn't want the world to see.

In “Meeting Resistance” we hear the voices and stories of individuals usually simply referred to – depending on your perspective -- as resistance fighters, insurgents, or terrorists.

www.meetingresistance.com

some interesting data is presented in this short clip: between 2004 and 2007 only 10% of significant attacks in Iraq were aimed at civilians. 74% at US-led coalition forces.

al qaeda in iraq is a myth.... it's one of the last big arguments to keep troops in iraq even though "aqi" comprises only 3 to 5% of the insurgency.. and they're partly a likely a product of the occupying intelligence/special forces (e.g. SAS men caught dressed as arabs near a market with explosives and guns -link).

So all those Shiite gatherings that get blown to bits were targeted by the Americans and Brits, right?
No Sunni/Shia conflict at all.

Everyone here can safely assume that whatever the Americans say is bullshit. Fair enough.
Do you think the resistance fighters are telling the whole truth?

So all those Shiite gatherings that get blown to bits were targeted by the Americans and Brits, right?
No Sunni/Shia conflict at all.

not exactly. i think it's very hard to really know what's going on. but these people who do that are terrorists and i highly doubt that their goal is to free iraq from occupation. these people are probably the so-called al qaeda in iraq, probably foreign fighters with some very distorted ideas. and like i said i wouldn't be surprised if some of them have US/british handlers or help. these very bombings give the US a reason to stay, "if we leave there will be a civil war, a bloodbath" - this is their line of thinking. their strategy is to pit shia against muslim, divide and conquer. this is exactly what the brits did in india pitting hindu against muslim which led to the partition of india. now they want to partition iraq along sectarian lines.

Everyone here can safely assume that whatever the Americans say is bullshit. Fair enough.
Do you think the resistance fighters are telling the whole truth?

these resistance fighters didn't say that "aqi" is a myth. i did, and others too. and in the video it clearly says that only 10% of significant attacks in Iraq were aimed at civilians and 74% at US-led coalition forces. these numbers come from the Department of Defense, not the "insurgents."

these resistance fighters didn't say that "aqi" is a myth. i did, and others too. and in the video it clearly says that only 10% of significant attacks in Iraq were aimed at civilians and 74% at US-led coalition forces. these numbers come from the Department of Defense, not the "insurgents."

The 10% are much more effective at inflicting casualties. Just because there are fewer attacks doesn't mean they are not a not a big problem. One bomb takes out 50 people is one attack. 1 IED wounds 3 soldiers is also an attack.
And what about the 16% of the remaining attacks?

Also how do you count attacks against Iraqi police where busloads of people are kidnapped and then slaughtered? Military? Civilian? And who are the bad guys there. The guys who chose to join the police or the guys who slaughtered them? Although, on MontrealRacing I might know the answer already :)

The 10% are much more effective at inflicting casualties. Just because there are fewer attacks doesn't mean they are not a not a big problem. One bomb takes out 50 people is one attack. 1 IED wounds 3 soldiers is also an attack.
And what about the 16% of the remaining attacks?

Also how do you count attacks against Iraqi police where busloads of people are kidnapped and then slaughtered? Military? Civilian? And who are the bad guys there. The guys who chose to join the police or the guys who slaughtered them? Although, on MontrealRacing I might know the answer already :)

good point. the remaining 16% are attacks on iraqi police, i believe.

it's a messed up situation. who are the bad guys? well it depends who you ask, the resistance says the bad guys are the US and people who collaborate with them. the ones who do ill deeds to other Iraqis. i'll agree that when they take out a line-up of police recruits they don't distinguish between the ones who are "good" and the ones who are "bad".

the point is that the media makes it seems like the resistance is al qaeda or former baathists. they'll never say that the resistance is made up of ordinary iraqis. instead they tell you it's al qaeda who wants to set up a terrorist base from which to launch more 9/11-style attacks on the US. this couldn't be further from the truth.

the invasion and occupation should've never happened and all this could have been avoided.

the point is that the media makes it seems like the resistance is al qaeda or former baathists. they'll never say that the resistance is made up of ordinary iraqis. instead they tell you it's al qaeda who wants to set up a terrorist base from which to launch more 9/11-style attacks on the US. this couldn't be further from the truth.

Maybe if you watch Fox news it would seem that way. But anyone who listens to or watches Fox News not for the purpose of laughing at them has brain damage anyway.

the invasion and occupation should've never happened and all this could have been avoided.

No shit, Sherlock! Next you gonna tell OJ that he shouldn't have killed his wife and a random stranger and his life would have been much better. Or advice Michael Jackson not to do so many nosejobs and to act a little bit more adult with kids.

Maybe if you watch Fox news it would seem that way. But anyone who listens to or watches Fox News not for the purpose of laughing at them has brain damage anyway.

i don't watch Fox News. although i'm sure they follow the official 'we're fighting terrorism' line i described above they're definitely not the only ones. i see efforts to discredit the real resistance in a lot of places that i look.

example: http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/561695F6-E99B-4AB2-A56D-949D764076CE.htm

i don't watch Fox News. although i'm sure they follow the official 'we're fighting terrorism' line i described above they're definitely not the only ones. i see efforts to discredit the real resistance in a lot of places that i look.

example: http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/561695F6-E99B-4AB2-A56D-949D764076CE.htm

So now Al Jazeera is an instrument of US policy. Good to know.
But according to Fox News Al Jazeera is Bin Laden's mouthpiece and is anti American.
My head hurts!

How is reporting about Bin Laden discrediting the "real" resistance?

What do the "real" resistance fighters want? The US troops leaving? Wouldn't the US troops leave if there was no fighting in Iraq now? They have been waiting for an excuse to leave for a while.

So now Al Jazeera is an instrument of US policy. Good to know.

did i say that? no. although maybe indirectly if you accept the argument that these bin laden tapes are fakes (the last video being released by the SITE Institute out of Washington).

How is reporting about Bin Laden discrediting the "real" resistance?

dig a little deeper. reporting about "bin laden" isn't discrediting the resistance per say, what he's saying however is. again, bin laden/al qaeda is linked to iraq. it gives the impression that the resistance is somehow led by bin laden. i think this is part of a propaganda effort emanating from Washington.

What do the "real" resistance fighters want? The US troops leaving?

yes, an end to occupation.

They have been waiting for an excuse to leave for a while.

lol. i guess that's why they're building permanent military bases.

did i say that? no. although maybe indirectly if you accept the argument that these bin laden tapes are fakes (the last video being released by the SITE Institute out of Washington).

His new "beard" does look plastic.

dig a little deeper. reporting about "bin laden" isn't discrediting the resistance per say, what he's saying however is. again, bin laden/al qaeda is linked to iraq. it gives the impression that the resistance is somehow led by bin laden. i think this is part of a propaganda effort emanating from Washington.
So should the world news outlets stop reporting on shit connected to Al Qaeda?

yes, an end to occupation.
lol. i guess that's why they're building permanent military bases.

Did the Germans and Japanese fight the Americans once they lost the war? Did they fight to end the occupation? Are they living in shit because of that now?
Should South Koreans fight the Americans that have bases on their land? They are suffering so much from the evil Americans.

The country least interested in US success in Iraq is Iran. Don't you think they would be adding a bit of gasoline to the fire of current Iraq? It's not like they liked Iraq much to begin with.
Oh, I forgot. USA = evil, Iran = good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back