My Futureshop rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want the OEM Windows CD, sure we'll give it to you, but it'll be an extra $400.

Ever wonder why the prices for computers and laptops dropped so much? Well there's your reason.

WOW CD's are so rare now that they cost 400$ each!!!! :yikes:

Any Dell I buy comes with Winderz install CD. But I buy them at work. I don't know what happens with consumer grade stuff.

Whip out your bittorrent client and download a nice copy of Vista or XP. Yes there are copies of Vista that don't need cracks/activation other crap. Look around. It becomes easier if you speak Russian :)
OEM XP is trivial to find by now.

Future Shop blows most of the time. Don't ever buy their extras. Overpriced and useless.
I dread going there if I have to deal with a salesman. I just like buying stuff that I can physically grab. If I am just browsing they will come up to me and bug me if I want anything. Then when I do want something they are too busy trying to make some old lady buy something she doesn't need. It's not like I need much of their time. Just give me the f*cking part. I don't need any explanations or further sales pitches. Step away from the old lady for 20 seconds open the locker and then continue the bullshit sales pitch to her.

System makers that don't provide a clean Windows CD for reinstalls suck ass. It saves them 20 cents per computer to not include it. With the crap that comes preinstalled on modern computers it's better to just nuke everything and do a fresh install.

FutureShop Rant = repost...

1. laptops now DO NOT COME with the freaking cds
2. you can make thoses fuiikng cds yourself
3. get a mac.

FutureShop Rant = repost...

1. laptops now DO NOT COME with the freaking cds
2. you can make thoses fuiikng cds yourself
3. get a mac.

1. Only at FS it seems because the one I got comes with it
2. I know and I never stated otherwise
3. I get suspicious of anyone who recommends something that comes in pearly white, lime green and pink. I'll be watching you!

That is not the point, the point is I am buying a windows Vista license and it is my right to get the CD that comes with it. I never asked the IT guy anything, any one arm monkey can burn a windows install image. It was dishonest period.

It's common knowledge that you no longer get CDs with Windows Vista. Youhave the files on your hard drive and you can make yourself a Restore DVD with the utility installed.

And you ended upbuying a Dell... Lol!

what's wrong with dell. i have a dell desktop that has been running since i bought it in the year 2000.

I don't want to bring an old thread back for no reason, I just want to show the bare facts. I got the laptop about two weeks ago and here's some of what was included in the box and I did NOT pay an extra penny for them.

031%20%28Medium%29.JPG

030%20%28Medium%29.JPG

I don't want to bring an old thread back for no reason, I just want to show the bare facts. I got the laptop about two weeks ago and here's some of what was included in the box and I did NOT pay an extra penny for them.

031%20%28Medium%29.JPG

030%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Congrats on the Vostro dude. Only had Dell laptops for the pas 5 years, and I love them.

In fact, I just call today for service on my older D820 and I will receive a brand new keyboard within 1-2 days.

Service is amazing, configurations are good.

Really good for the money.

I'm changing my 9400 17" shortly and getting another Dell that is not even a question!

PS.: I too, received a bunch of CDs/DVDs with it.

:bigup:

whats wrong with dell lol

Only the haters on their business model. They are a bit the Walmart of computers in their business model. They push A LOT on suppliers and they make them do whatever they feel like.

But a part from that, technically, their shit is good (at least, for laptops...)

My brand new Vostro came with XP and the restore CDs.

Why is he a loser because he bought a Dell? Because he saved money and probably got a laptop which is more reliable, better looking and customizeable than any Emachines - Gateway - H Pee ?

+1

I'm tired of the Dell laptop bashing... they make really good notebooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back