This is why the habs will never win a Cup again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perds pas ton temps à te choquer, tu t'adresses à des personnes qui viennent d'arriver au Québec ou qui sont jamais sortis de l'Ouest de l'île et qui ne connaissent à l'histoire et la réalité Québécoise. Ils ont jamais suivi le Canadien avant le 21e siècle, ils ont décidé de devenir des fans quand c'est devenu populaire de flasher et avoir l'air riche en disant que t'es allé au centre Molson.

J'aime mieux me moquer de ces personnes qui aiment mieux habiter en ghetto et des colonisés qui trouve ça ben normal.

desole le grand mais je suis ne au quebec , et je parle tres bien le francais . je ne l'ecrit peut etre pas aussi bien , mais dison que je me debrouille.

i dont have a probleme with anybody and i let people live they want to but i just got pissed because the other retard is talking smack .

just so u know , i dont like speaking french very much and no i dont have an accent in french but i am indeed happy i know how to speak it and not just because i live in quebec

A lot of people forget to look at the big picture here. When Koivu came here, which language do you think would have benifited him more: French or English?? Who are the people that need to understand him more, the fans and media... or his teamates and coaches?? If one day he would have gotten traded, which language do you think he needed more... english or french??? What is the language of the NHL: English or French??

When he came here he HAD to learn english. And at the age of 18, do you think he had time to put himself through TWO language tutors, just because the fans and media didn't understand him.

Sometimes i wish Koivu was more of an asshole, so he would just flat out and tell the french media and polititians to go fvck themselves. They pick on him because regardless of the shit they put him through, he remains a class act and an very important part of hospital fundraising. He's an example through his actions, not his public speaking.

HE PLAYS WITH THE PUCK... NOT WITH HIS MOUTH.

What I will never understand is WHY oh WHY can't people f.ucking learn french?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Are people this f.ucking lazy or this f.ucking stupid?

Kinda like the idiot on this very forum that was "bragging" about his dad that has been living here for 35 years and still can't speak french. Pathetic!!!!

PS: I don't really care that Koivu can't or won't speak french. I just find it pathetic and disrespectful.

Ta précieuse Pauline, est-elle la meme qui envoye ses enfant a un école privée anglaise. C'est ca j'ai entendue au nouvelles il-y-a pas longtemps.

anyways you guys are the reason that Quebec is going to shit. Stop scaring away people with money. When will you realise where the money for your welfare checks comes from? And no you can't pay welfare checks with welfare checks.

kthxbye

Keep spilling mustard on the wife beater, buddy.

Here are some stats for you:

This is the source: http://www12.statcan.ca/english/census01/products/analytic/companion/lang/bilingual.cfm

Isn't google awesome? :)

What I still don't get is that only 53.6% of young people in Quebec know English where that rate is much much higher in many European countries (Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Germany). I previously looked up some stats and effectively 100% of high schoolers in France take English (I don't know if that means they are fluent, though).

From what I've seen almost everyone I know who lives in Quebec but is anglophone has some sort of French skills. I am one of the few lazy bums who doesn't speak French. It's just too easy to get buy without it. If I lived in Quebec City I would certainly need to learn it.

Sometimes people tell me stuff in French and I answer in English and we figure it out. I can even throw a couple words of French here and there to clarify things.
As long as Revenue Quebec keeps interacting with me in English it's all good. They certainly know what's good for them. I don't need to visit the welfare offices so I have no idea if they want me to speak French. If I was on welfare I would definitely have time to learn it properly. Right now I am too busy working (Ok, posting on MR, too) and paying taxes.

I found about 3 articles on google saying that Céline Dion was a men before 1993...

Perds pas ton temps à te choquer, tu t'adresses à des personnes qui viennent d'arriver au Québec ou qui sont jamais sortis de l'Ouest de l'île et qui ne connaissent à l'histoire et la réalité Québécoise. Ils ont jamais suivi le Canadien avant le 21e siècle, ils ont décidé de devenir des fans quand c'est devenu populaire de flasher et avoir l'air riche en disant que t'es allé au centre Molson.

J'aime mieux me moquer de ces personnes qui aiment mieux habiter en ghetto et des colonisés qui trouve ça ben normal.

qui parlent pas francais men criss car ca démontre le peu d'ouverture d'esprit qu'ils ont et ils profitent de la ''liberté'' offerte au québec. Il peut essayer de m'insulter disant que je porte dla moutarde(vive les insultes du west Island..lol) mais il va toujours être détesté pas les francophones québecois par son manque d'initiative et du respect de sa société. C'est lui qui est perdant, pas moi... Pour moi il est assez puissant socialement pour enterrer le proverbe reconnu internationalement: Quand on est a Rome, on fait ce que les romains font''. Une question de respect c'est tout, mais s'il se croit au-dessus de ca ben c'est son problème pis y dealera avec les francophones qui l'enverront chier. Donne pas respect, reçoit pas de respect.

Ah I see. It's ok for francophones to insult anglophones in Quebec. Saying crap about West Island, etc. But if somebody makes fun of you playing on Quebecer stereotypes then they are assholes.
Cool. I didn't know that.

First I learned that Statistics Canada is bullshit. Only what URFUCT imagines to be true is really the truth. Then I learn this. Thank you.

Dude, I don't even know you. I realy don't have anything to win arguing with you. Just don't learn french...Like I care...But don't cry if people think you suck because you are close minded and think it's the best thing not to learn french when it's québec's first language. Jesus christ..

Kinda like the idiot on this very forum that was "bragging" about his dad that has been living here for 35 years and still can't speak french. Pathetic!!!!

Is that idiot me? My dad has been living here for 35 years and can't speak a word of french.

Dude, I don't even know you. I realy don't have anything to win arguing with you. Just don't learn french...Like I care...But don't cry if people think you suck because you are close minded and think it's the best thing not to learn french when it's québec's first language. Jesus christ..

I am learning French. Slowly. Right now I was able to follow 80% of what was written in French in this thread. No, I didn't use a computer translator.

I took issue with your dismissal of solid statistics. You mistakenly believe that the rate of bilingualism is higher among francophones that anglophones in Quebec (that is only true for Canada as a whole). I showed you that it's the opposite. Then you bring up that Celine Dion is a man (I am not arguing that and I might agree with you there).

If I move to China and can't speak Chinese after leaving and working there for 10 years. I'd expect someone to give be a kick in the ass and tell me to wake the **** up.

But that's just me.

funny u say that , my sis goes to china a few times a year for work yet she cant say 1 word in chinese but guess what , they accomodate her in english because they want her business , they dont kick her in the ass tell her to wake up or pack it up only french people do that .

in the states they speak english yet the west coast is being overwhelmed by spanish only speaking people but the states dont say learn english or go home they put everything in english and spanish and even teach it at school . some jobs require u to speak both languages and english does not have to be the dominant language .

also in a few years china will be everywhere so u dont have to worry about french surviving , IT WONT

only in quebec u get dumb stuff like language debates

in the states they speak english yet the west coast is being overwhelmed by spanish only speaking people but the states dont say learn english or go home they put everything in english and spanish and even teach it at school . some jobs require u to speak both languages and english does not have to be the dominant language .

also in a few years china will be everywhere so u dont have to worry about french surviving , IT WONT

only in quebec u get dumb stuff like language debates

There are plenty of language debates everywhere in the world.

There are lots of Americans bitching about prevalence of Spanish in Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Florida.
Yes, some customer service jobs require English and Spanish. The rental car clerks in Miami all speak both. And in many hotels and restaurants you don't need to know a word of English to be served.

There are lots of Americans bitching about prevalence of Spanish in Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Florida.

let them bitch all they want

good-immigration-argument.jpg

Been wanting to post that for ages

There are plenty of language debates everywhere in the world.

Yes, some customer service jobs require English and Spanish. The rental car clerks in Miami all speak both. And in many hotels and restaurants you don't need to know a word of English to be served.

ur right , but i dont think the states are falling aprt as a result of the languages issue where as quebec is especially a city like montreal

L'histoire du Québec.

British conquest (1756–1760)

Ta précieuse Pauline, est-elle la meme qui envoye ses enfant a un école privée anglaise. C'est ca j'ai entendue au nouvelles il-y-a pas longtemps.

anyways you guys are the reason that Quebec is going to shit. Stop scaring away people with money. When will you realise where the money for your welfare checks comes from? And no you can't pay welfare checks with welfare checks.

kthxbye

Je me fou royalement de Pauline Marois. C'est une grosse vache incompétente.

J'ai voté ADQ au provincial et Conservateur au fédéral. :thefinger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back