How to wire Hella Micro DE's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pri

So I just ordered a set of Hella Micro DE's off e-bay for $200. So i had a question about installing them. I currently have no fog wire kit, but i do have a euro switch. What i wanted to do was:
A) Have the fogs on all the time
B) Or wire them with the parking lights, so that when i turn the switch to position one, my parking lights and fogs come on (no headlights).
My DRL are disabled right now (i used to have drop in HIDs... which i sold), so i can easily just bend the TFL pin back. Anyways, whats the easiest way to hook the fogs up? What have you guys done? I heard the light output on these things is pretty good. Anyone have pics?
Thanks!
Priesh
Pics for random clicks!
week24.jpg

Do it the right way.Get the harness.You'll be much happier doing this.Plus you have proper wiring and connectors.

Do it the right way.Get the harness.You'll be much happier doing this.Plus you have proper wiring and connectors.

yeah.. this will require me to spend more money!
i guess once i get the set ill see what i need. the kit comes with its one seperate switch...

yeah, definitly get the fog light harness and relay as well as a euro switch to do it right.

BTW, Hella micro DE are not meant to go on a 1.8T. They will greatly block the vent for the side mount intercooler. I would not put that on my car. The stock intercooler barely do the job with proper venting, I would not block it even more and also add a heat source (the fog light it self will produce heat)

yeah, definitly get the fog light harness and relay as well as a euro switch to do it right.

BTW, Hella micro DE are not meant to go on a 1.8T. They will greatly block the vent for the side mount intercooler. I would not put that on my car. The stock intercooler barely do the job with proper venting, I would not block it even more and also add a heat source (the fog light it self will produce heat)

I have been reading up on these things on Vortex for a while and tons of people have them on their 1.8T's. And Vince, who says i have a 1.8T anyway?

I have been reading up on these things on Vortex for a while and tons of people have them on their 1.8T's. And Vince, who says i have a 1.8T anyway?

It's not because people do it that it's right. lol

I always tought you had an automatic 1.8T...

It's not because people do it that it's right. lol

So why do you put stretch tires with heavy wheels? Your tire/wheel combo worsens the performance of the vehicle just like the de’s blocking the intercooler.
You are advocating contradictory things here.

Thinking your fast with a stock turbo 1.8T in a mark4

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

quicker then vincegti with his lightweight mam and brock racing wheels and his exposed smic

quicker then vincegti with his lightweight mam and brock racing wheels and his exposed smic

Who said I was fast? I don't give a shit, it's a friggen daily, heavy MK4. It will never be a race car anyway and it's not meant to.

It's meant to look nice, drive nice, not be a drag race car...

OK there Nancy’s.

I simply made a point that ridding with huge wheels, is no different then blocking your intercooler, both can make the car look nice, but they both do not benefit the performance of car. I don't care if you think your car isn't race. You do what want, but Vincegti is being a hypocrite and Castro's nose is brown from licking your ass.

OK there Nancy’s.

I simply made a point that ridding with huge wheels, is no different then blocking your intercooler, both can make the car look nice, but they both do not benefit the performance of car. I don't care if you think your car isn't race. You do what want, but Vincegti is being a hypocrite and Castro's nose is brown from licking your ass.

Huge wheels, shut up! it's friggen OEM size on 337, GLI... I don't see the performance loss there versus a GLI.

you are pathetic!

There's a huge difference between rolling on bigger/heavier wheels then stock and with a block SMIC that already sucks in my opinion.

Wheels can slow you down a little but who cares when you know that you don't have a fast car. On the other side using a block SMIC can be damagable on the long run for the turbo.

You're a special kind.

There's a reason why don't work on cars and you sit behind a desk. High intake temps don't damage a turbo, it's the higher intake temp that can lead up to more detonation risk.

Stick to the e-tuning.

There's a reason why don't work on cars and you sit behind a desk. High intake temps don't damage a turbo, it's the higher intake temp that can lead up to more detonation risk.

Stick to the e-tuning.

Coming back to subject, there's a tech bulletin saying not to install these on a 1.8T or TDI... I never seen one saying not to install 18in wheels on an MK4 thow... They came stock that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back