Tirerack, forget saving that extra, unless....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assman

,....Unless you get the tires shipped to the states, and installed before crossing the border. I just found that Tirerack is charging duties/GST/PST/Provincial Tire Fee/Brokerage Fee- directly upon placing your order, in other words you get nailed for the full amount then and there. No more clearing the packages in Lachine yourself... :(

I guess too many Canadians have been ordering from down south.
Don't get me wrong, you still save dependent on what type of tires you're ordering, but the margin is not a attractive anymore.

here is my cut & paste:

Tires
225/45TR17 Pirelli Winter Carving
In Stock 4 $156.00 $624.00

UPS CANADA STANDARD $97.94

CANADIAN ORDERS:

* The sales taxes and duties included in this order are collected on behalf of the
applicable Canadian government agencies. No additional taxes, duties, or fees will be collected by UPS Canada upon delivery of this order.
* Delivery may be delayed by customs procedures.

Additional Fees and Taxes
Excise Tax: $0.00
GST: $42.58
PST: $56.41
Duty: $43.68
Provincial Tire Fee: $12.00
Brokerage Fee: $30.00
Grand Total:

$906.61

If you go pick up a set of wheels/tires at Freeport, will you only have to pay tax once you cross the border???

As I said before, I bought a set of Michelin X-Ice 175/65/14 from Tirerack.com and even with the GST/PSt, duties and shipping I still paid $150 less than here.

Well, at least, they tell you exactly how much it will cost you so there is no surprise. I totally understand that you need to pay the taxes, it's the brokage fees that are ridiculous.

Do like I did, ship them to Freeport. It will cost you:

Their taxes
Gas: 10-15$ at most
Duty fees if the tires are made outside of North America
TPS
And your time since you cannot go there during the weekend.

hehe même au douane vous devez payé les frais de dédouanages qui sont de 7% du montant des pneus si ils sont fabriqués en dehors de l'amérique du Nord.

J'ai un client qui est aller chercher ses pneus au Freeport pour sauvé 40$ sur son set de pneu comparé a nos prix. Il n'a pas dédouaner, il c'est fait inspecté et il a eu une amende en plus de payé les dédouanages.

C,est pas toujours conseillé...

Generalement j'achete chez tiretrends.com . Je sais pas si c'est moins cher que tirerack ou les compétiteurs mais au moins c'est à Vancouver alors pas de douanes à payer et je pense qu'il y a juste une taxe.

Je sais pas si leur prix sont compétitifs car j'achete dans le 14" alors c'est tout le temps pas cher peu importe le tire :D

even with all that tax and border BS i still would have saved 450$ compared to prices here.
urban.autosport matched the tirerack price so i bought my tires off them.

30$ brokerage fee is very reasonable. Have you ever tried to go to the UPS office in Lachine? That place is the asshole of Montreal Island. There is no easy way in or out for 80% of that office's working hours.

If you go pick up a set of wheels/tires at Freeport, will you only have to pay tax once you cross the border???

Exactomundo!

And duly declare everything you bring back. Otherwise, if you get caught, fines are steep, and watch out for the full search next time you cross in the states and back...

And forget companies that ship across the border with UPS - the brown guys are facking thieves when it comes to brokerage fees...

I highly doubt that you will have these 225/45R17 Pirelli Winter Carving tire for cheaper here , no :dunno:

I bought a set of ASA JH8 19X8.5 Rims for my Element, at my doors they cost me 748$cdn including everything. I think i did save couple bucks and order it from home. I can believe i did that , probably because of all that money i loose in this aftermarket business ..... loosing sales over the net :(

don't get me wrong, it's still worth the purchase, however you're just not saving as much as before. the part that kills me is :

sales taxes and duties included in this order are collected on behalf of the
applicable Canadian government
agencies

this is getting ridiculous, 1st cars now on such petty things as tires...

There is a big difference if you go pic kthem up across the border.

For 245/45R16 Yokohama AVS ES100, Merson wanted 260$. Tirerack wants 109$.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back