The 2007-2008 Montreal Canadiens Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you for real ? Gainey is the imbecile who signed and gave huge contracts to Samsonov, Johnson, Bonk, Smolinski, Brisebois, theodore, Hamrlik, Kostopoulos who turned out to be useless and/or overpaid, and pushed the coach to play them eventhough they suck ass.

Wow.

Samsonov - agreed. Media pressure pushed that signing since no one else would sign here. I bet at the time you weren't complaining though? I know I wasn't.
Johnson - He was a good 2-way forward for us. He didn't even make a lot, and was not USELESS. You have a short memory.
Bonk - A player who sucked 2 years ago, but was GREAT for us last year and is actually an upgrade over Smolinski - who was brought in (for more $) to replace Bonk. Smokes isn't looking like a great signing right now, but is a good playoff player (which wouldn't matter if Gainey wasn't at the helm, since we wouldn't be a playoff contender without him)
Brisebois - I hate the Breezer, I really do, but at 700K, although I hate the guy, he is a depth player at a very hard to fill position - D!
Theodore - I hated the signing AT THE TIME even though he had won the Vezina, but the contract was necessary after the trophy. You forget that Gainey also pulled off a miracle and got rid of him (albeit for Aebischer, who is no longer our problem either). Was Gainey supposed to offer Theo a 1 year deal at $1 million after his crazy good season? Seriously now.
Hamrlik - He has turned out to be a GREAT signing and a great defensive upgrade over Souray, albeit it for a lot of money. But he's a great D for the kids to learn from. If you don't realize that, do you even watch the Habs?
Kostopoulos - He has turned out to be a great energy player (and even scored already tonight!)

I read your posts all the time and they're always full of bashing - but compare our record today to the record at the same time any of the 6 seasons before Gainey took over. You're smoking crack if you don't realize that he has single-handedly turned the team around and has built a great DEPTH team which has a GREAT future ahead.

Wow.

Samsonov - agreed. Media pressure pushed that signing since no one else would sign here. I bet at the time you weren't complaining though? I know I wasn't.
Johnson - He was a good 2-way forward for us. He didn't even make a lot, and was not USELESS. You have a short memory.
Bonk - A player who sucked 2 years ago, but was GREAT for us last year and is actually an upgrade over Smolinski - who was brought in (for more $) to replace Bonk. Smokes isn't looking like a great signing right now, but is a good playoff player (which wouldn't matter if Gainey wasn't at the helm, since we wouldn't be a playoff contender without him)
Brisebois - I hate the Breezer, I really do, but at 700K, although I hate the guy, he is a depth player at a very hard to fill position - D!
Theodore - I hated the signing AT THE TIME even though he had won the Vezina, but the contract was necessary after the trophy. You forget that Gainey also pulled off a miracle and got rid of him (albeit for Aebischer, who is no longer our problem either).
Hamrlik - has turned out to be a GREAT signing and a great defensive upgrade over Souray, albeit it for a lot of money. But he's a great D for the kids to learn from.
Kostopoulos - has turned out to be a great energy player (and even scored already tonight

I read your posts all the time and they're always full of bashing - but compare our record today to the record at the same time any of the 6 seasons before Gainey took over. You're smoking crack if you don't realize that he has single-handedly turned the team around and has built a great DEPTH team which has a GREAT future ahead.

****in right + rep

Wow.

And Smolinski just scored.

Kostopoulos - 1G, 1A, +2
Smokes - 1G, +2

Riffo, the Habs are really proving you WRONG tonight! Comments? I bet you'll say "it's just one game - a fluke"? Stop posting in this thread, Hab hater =P

Wow.

Theodore - I hated the signing AT THE TIME even though he had won the Vezina, but the contract was necessary after the trophy. You forget that Gainey also pulled off a miracle and got rid of him (albeit for Aebischer, who is no longer our problem either). Was Gainey supposed to offer Theo a 1 year deal at $1 million after his crazy good season? Seriously now.
Hamrlik - He has turned out to be a GREAT signing and a great defensive upgrade over Souray, albeit it for a lot of money. But he's a great D for the kids to learn from. If you don't realize that, do you even watch the Habs?
Kostopoulos - He has turned out to be a great energy player (and even scored already tonight!)

Riffo *owned*
+Rep

Where are all the haters?
What a game tonight! And yeah Kostopolous is a true team player. And man...the more A. Kostsytin plays the better he gets! Awesome game! :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back