The 2007-2008 Montreal Canadiens Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a little cleaning so keep it clean from now on...nobody got banned for now. This thread is to talk about the 2007-2008 season, no one said the season had already started.
abuse, abuse, i tell you!

Hope the young guns will have some ice time and will bring a little enthousiasm on the team... especially on Kovalev who never smiles after a goal (the few he scored) !

it's not the smile that matters, it's the goal count.

Radek is making $1.35 and $1.6. I think we should have signed him back at that money.

Bonk and Johnson just can't keep up the pace. I remember when watching them, they would singlehandedly destroy any momentum the Habs had because they were slower than everyone else.

Good luck to Bonk in Nashville.

In any case, Smolinski is faster, better gifted offensively, and is a bit more of a leader than Bonk is. His $2M is a fair price for his statistics.

anyone buying season tickets?

stupid waiting list damnit!

anyone know when the Habs schedule comes out?

Last edited:
The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed Sidney Crosby to a five-year contract extension.

''Sidney has proven himself to be a dynamic player and team leader at a very young age, and it is exciting news for our franchise and our fans to have him under contract for the next six seasons, through 2013,'' said Penguins executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero. ''When you've got a guy who leads the league in scoring and wins the MVP award at the age of 19, you know have someone very special.''

Financial terms were not disclosed, but the deal is believed to be worth about $45 million. When the deal ends Crosby will become an unrestricted free agent. He is scheduled to earn $850,000 in base salary next year.

45MIL

THATS FCUKING 9MIL A YEAR

lol...........

how the fcuk can you build an entire team when 1 guy is taking close to 1/6th of your cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back