Is my amp slowly dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripleA

I have a old JBL P80.4 amp. 3 channels are fine, but 1 channel only outputs about 20%. It's not the speakers, I checked already.

the rear left speaker ? I thought it was playing as loud as the others.

If you have some time to come by I can have a look... freebie.

I have a old JBL P80.4 amp. 3 channels are fine, but 1 channel only outputs about 20%. It's not the speakers, I checked already.

si t'as 4 RCA qui viennent de ton radio, as-tu essayé d'inverser ce channel là avec un autre (en inversant les RCA)? Ca devrait être un bon test. si ça suit le RCA, bin change ton câble, si ca suit le canal, probablement un problème d'ampli, ou le filage entre l'ampli et le speaker... a ce moment là tu peux inverser ce speaker là avec un autre si tu l'as pas essayé...

Never thought about switching the rca's. Did switch them so it's not the amp. I'll check tonite to see if it's either the rca or the hu.

Never thought about switching the rca's. Did switch them so it's not the amp. I'll check tonite to see if it's either the rca or the hu.

Good, keep us posted, it always helps to know where the problem came from to fix problems with other installs :)

recheck polarity... I had a flash today one of your wire did not have polarity markings. Maybe + and - are inverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back