Hp/Torque(240 sx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ride_fast911

I have a 240 sx 90, I wanna know how many hp and torque is in this car and also what is the mods I have to do first to have more power. It's my new baby!!! Thanks

Holy cow. do a search, and go to carpoint.com, it will tell you stock stats. or 240sx.org has all the stock stats... I believe the sohc is 140hp and 145 or 150tq. there are lots of mods. look around. do a search in this forum. from engins swap to bolts ons. you can do it all.

wow. what a tangent. why not? go look at adam hutchinsons car running 300 every day on his turbo setup.. its a great engine too.

Well if your not planning on going strong on mods... (putting alot of money) which I doubt the guy will do since he doesn't know the hp of his own car... Any engine can be fast and reliable if you invested alot of $$. Everything is possible!!! But can we agree that some engines (with basic modifications) respond better to modifications than others...??? Or you wanna tell me that i'm wrong as usual... lol

For car stats try www.edmunds.com, its great for comparing weights and hp from various cars and trying to figure out waht faster/slower than your car

The 1990 240SX came with the SOHC KA24E and has: Horsepower: 140 hp
Torque: 152 ft-lbs.

www.realnissan.com has a turbo kit for the KA24E, but if you've got lots of kms and want a small performance boost swap in a lower km KA24DE or if you've got a lot of cash look into SR20DET or CA18DET engines.

Start off by reading as much as you can in this forum, theres TONS of info if you search some of the threads from the past year and for more info than you will know what to do with go to http://www.freshalloy.com/, www.240sx.org and www.npclub.com

Enjoy the new car!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back