Newbie Action =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrshoe

Legacy Member
Ok.. where can I get a blacktop SR20DET?
j/k I'm not planning on getting one... yet! :)

Having just left my comfy Honda world for the land of the S14 I have a few dumb questions.

What's the ideal wheel offset for let's say a 17x7.5 wheel wearing 225/45R17?

Would that be wide enough to provide major grip? Or would 245/40/17 tires fit without being overkill?

Same size on every corner? or is a staggered setup better?
225/45 on 17*7.5 up front and 245/40 on 17*8.5 comes to mind

Keep in mind the engine is still stock and from my butt dyno it's not even close to the rated 155hp 160 lbs/ft.

Oh... Anybody driving on Rota Subzeros? They've been growing onto me but I wouldn't dare be a poser :D

Anyways
Enough of the newbie talk!
I need info :D

As stated in another thread if you don't want yours to look like mine (gold S14) don't buy subzero's lol ;)

For tire size, you have to tell us what you wanna do with the car, auto-x, drag, lapping etc.. it would help alot for the setup. I know that Halo and I have 225/45/17 and it fits perfectly.. i wouldn't try 245's+ though because it almost rubs inside the way it is..... maybe with wheel spacers though... just think about the fact that you'll slow down your car as well ;) It also depends of wich suspension you are going to put on :)

Hope it helps!

If you are gonna go to all the trouble of buying the wheels, getting the tires ect etc, I say get a bigger rim, with the right offset. Like a 8.5 inch with a 28-32 offset to come out and be flush wit hthe fender. If you go out and buy any old set of 17's with an ff offset of 40+, its gonna be sunken in way past the fender, and won't give you that sweet look you are going for.

Actually I couldn't care less about looks ;) As long as the wheel isn't heavy and the car handles good, looks are a bonus.

Suspension-wise I was thinking Tein Type Flex or something close to that.

Flex is for sissies. Go harder than that. Get HA's or something like that... flex are overpriced. I have felt RS even though they are retarded o nteh spring rate side..d oesn't matter, they are still very streatable... or was it re... or ra... it was RE I think the dual hight adjustable model. not RS. ... lol.

Type Flex and Type HA use the same spring rate.
Type RA RE RS all use the same spring rates. Which seems harsh for a car that still gets to be driven in the pothole filled streets of Mtl.

R type seems like overkill in my case, I still want to retain some confort.

As much as I liked my H&R Sport OE and KYB AGX on the Civic, I want to try something different. Something that doesn't drop my car that much. Anyways... I got to get tires first :)

Enkei RPM2 in 17*8 with a 35 offset shouldn't be that bad :D

you will get shot if you put those on and everyone will call you a poser
Alex from automotion. yeah the red silvia has em on already in 18X8 and 18X9
not question of you picking them or not just will look gay around town. sorry

Originally posted by sspikey
you will get shot if you put those on and everyone will call you a poser
Alex from automotion. yeah the red silvia has em on already in 18X8 and 18X9
not question of you picking them or not just will look gay around town. sorry

My favorite wheels, and this is the exact reason I didnt buy them

Scratch the subzeros...
Scratch the rpm2...
Let's go back to the drawing board now shall we...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back