would i need a new exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcivic11

I currently have a d16y7 in my car with a custom magnaflow catback exhaust and im looking to swap a b16a (sir) engine... with a B series down pipe will my exhaust still fit up?

well he means when people makes custom exhaust sometimes the guy that makes it uses a bender thats makes grooves in the pipe where its bend so in the bend you dont have 2.25 anymore the flow os restricted a bit but when its mandrel bend in the curves the exhaust still has the same size so the flow still good and it sound lot better
i think you can keep your exhaust since Sir came with maximum that sizes of exhaust so your good

well he means when people makes custom exhaust sometimes the guy that makes it uses a bender thats makes grooves in the pipe where its bend so in the bend you dont have 2.25 anymore the flow os restricted a bit but when its mandrel bend in the curves the exhaust still has the same size so the flow still good and it sound lot better
i think you can keep your exhaust since Sir came with maximum that sizes of exhaust so your good

no its mendrel bent but the part that goes over the LCA doesn't clear it when my car is lowered so i gotta get that fixed lol thanks man

c'est du 2.25" pis qu'est tu veut dire par tros ecrases? je comprend mieux en anglais

You may understand english better, but your french is way better than most french speaking member here...lol

2.25 is fairly good for now. if you start spending money for more power ( around 200+ hp from your b16) then it may be worth the penny to go 2.5

until then, 2.25" isn't enough of a bottleneck to get rid of it.
remember that a stock b18c5 came with 2.25" exhaust here and in japan until the 210 hp 98 specs.

and the pipe should fit within the same location. all aftermarket exhaust have teh same part number no mather if the car was a D or a B engine

If you have any clearance issues with your exhaust let me know and I can make the adjustments and custom fit it for you. It's what I do. And for the refference 2.25 is plenty for a b16 stock. Bigger is not always better unless your looking for peek hp dyno results but on the street you want power and torque at the low end and for that you go smaller. Just keep the 2.25 and I would suggest using a high flow cat to get the best out of your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back