Have you owned your 240sx for under 6 months? post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

sspikey

Legacy Member
im curious how many new 240sx owners have there been in the last 6 months. man i see everyone getting the damn things lately. how many posers? anyone brave enough to actually tell me:bigup:

LOL! I've wanted one since I was 16.... I used to love the 1st gen one when I was younger... I also wanted an 87.5-89 Supra Turbo, and an 88-89 MR2 Supercharged...

They werent by far my dream cars, just affordable sports cars that I wanted...

Anyways, why am I posting in here.. I don't have a 240, I only have parts of it... (engine :D)

I used to have a 1992 in 98-99.

Now most of the s13 are old, rotten, have 200 000km+ and owner by kids who think they have a big sport car. lol

Anyways, mine was in great shape and I really loved that car.

Originally posted by sspikey
im curious how many new 240sx owners have there been in the last 6 months. man i see everyone getting the damn things lately. how many posers? anyone brave enough to actually tell me:bigup:
yeah sure, youre original, you drift your car and you have a 240 since the dawn of ages, so because of you and your "i dont like the new guys, i miss my ezboard" attitude, people who actually buy a 240sx are just posers.Dude, wake up, people are actually seeing that 240's are great cars!you should be happy instead of complaining, or is it because you dont want people to leave the rice market aka civic cars for you to be more original?i think youre the ultimate poser, to paraphrase youre signature. Look people i got a 240, im original and everybody else sucks.

1 year, 8 months. Looked for one for 1 year 2 months before I found mine... so its been almost 3 years of nothing but stupid 240 crap in my head.

I do: a 95 Gold SE

But I didn't get it cuz it was a "cool" car or anything.

Reasons I wanted to get one ->
A) RWD
B) Not common
C) Not seen riced out on every corner
D) Nice handling
E) Lazy ass options like cruise control, power everything, AC.

But hey if that makes me a poser :) Then so be it :D at least I'm not ricey

Re: Re: Have you owned your 240sx for under 6 months? post here

Originally posted by FunkCaptain
yeah sure, youre original, you drift your car and you have a 240 since the dawn of ages, so because of you and your "i dont like the new guys, i miss my ezboard" attitude, people who actually buy a 240sx are just posers.Dude, wake up, people are actually seeing that 240's are great cars!you should be happy instead of complaining, or is it because you dont want people to leave the rice market aka civic cars for you to be more original?i think youre the ultimate poser, to paraphrase youre signature. Look people i got a 240, im original and everybody else sucks.

you always seem to like to piss me off i find it fun and amusing users like you exist on this board. what i posted this thread for was cause i am tired of everyone jumping on the 240sx bandwagon. i just want people to realize its not the ultimate car for shit. and more importantly im after what made them join the bandwagon. now go hide in a corner and die.

Re: Re: Re: Have you owned your 240sx for under 6 months? post here

you always seem to like to piss me off i find it fun and amusing now go hide in a corner and die.
yea, i know, its fun, at least were putting out a good show in this section.
now go hide in a corner and die.
um okay.....nah :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I bought mine 2 months ago

There is something you're not getting.

It's not about a bandwagon, it's that every spring, a lot of people buy a new car (new for them).

Probably that there were only more 240sx available than the summers before, and they are also cheaper, even if they don't lose a lot of value. It just gives people a greater opportunity to buy them.

wow everyone is getting S14s. the plot thickens :p

ive had my s14 for a little more then a year.

Its the first car i bought and it runs great, i payed everything from my pocket

:cool:

It just happen that i found someone selling his and i was there with the money!

what about you? what are your reasons?

You guys can have your silly s14's. I am comfertable in the fact there are only about 10 s14a's in montreal... so they rest of you can all pretend that the 95-96 front end is nicer :p

I bought mine after seeing one on the road, believe it or not in about september of 2000 or so. 97-98 with projectors et all. Had no clue what it was, just that it was the sexiest car i'd ever seen. I went about find out what it was, and it shattered my little american big block loving world. When I spent about 3 months studying up on it, learning all the ins and out, and contantly keeping my eyes open for one, I finally came to the conclusion it would be mine. So after looking for what seemed like an eternity, a middle aged divorce with a daughter had to dump it cause it was no good for kids in the back. Well. Besides that stupid tow hitch, she was in good shape.. all highway, and only one owner. Now... to repaint.. and finish my swap.... uh swaps. I guess.

Last edited:
My reason?

ok here it goes. in 2001 i happened to be in new york at some modded car show. i had always been into 300zx TT just for the sheer gorgeous body they had and the Z car history from nissan/datsun. But i knew i would never be able to afford one (i was 14 at the time) so i turned to what people called its baby sister. a 240sx. i thought cool big 2.4 engine must be almost as powerful as a 300zx but n/a. did some research and loved the look of the older bodys. didnt like the 95-96 headlights but was and still am addicted to older japanese flip up headlight/liftback bodies (hachis, rx7, 240sx, older supras, mr2 etc.) back to the show in new york. i see a 240sx at a light maroon and white 2 tone. i thought cool must be a built KA or something and then PSHHHHHHHHHHHH. i almost had a heart attack and to my surprise the guy parked at the next corner. hooray i attacked him and started asking who did his turbo kit for his 2.4 and such and kept blabbing and blabbing till he finally told me it wasnt a 2.4. HMNM wtf you destroked it for higher revs? thats the time i found out about the SR spent a good 20 mins bugging the guy and clinging to his every word. i could now own a baby 300zx that would grow up to be the 300zx's biggest fear with that engine he called an sr20det. so my search and reserach started spending white nights on web boards and online until i came upon a few choice websites where SR owners existed. i learnt as much as i could from those. 2002 at another show i walked by a 95 on chromes and silver paint job. :D you got it greg from automotion. walked by not caring then almost shocked the red engine bay shot out at me. HOLY SHIT! theres one in mtl! again i attacked his ass too but this time lorenzo was to be my bitch :) spent so long there and he finally gave me a card. silly me lost it. i spent a year looking around for it., thought i found him up my street but was a ghetto silver 95. then one day with driving school i start flying down maissoneuve and hit the brakes. uh oh it cant be. another 240sx turbo'ed i pull the corner. its greg's car also. AND an eclipse turbo. thats when i met automotion again and since then i have been a cancer to them that just wont leave :) at that time though my search still continued. was it pay 6K and get an ok clean one and get it in the ass or wait? i decided to wait to finally found something decently priced and with a ok clean body. a 91. and that is my current car. yeah nice story i know.

i too wanted a 300zx first

but after talking to pete, and realizing that the n/a just wouldnt suit my needs, and that a TT is WAY out of my price range, insurance would be too high, and its only got 2 seats (although the back seat of the 240 is tiny, you could cram someone there if needed) the price of a n/a was over 10 000 for an old model like a 1990. my bubble was a little burst, but i kept looking around for cars, old supras, rx7's, i wanted something that is or will be turbo charged. i couldnt find anything, and my dad hated the idea of me getting a car older than that of which i already had (a 91 civic). anything newer that i liked was over 15 000 and i just couldnt afford, except the 240sx. its a great looking car, its rwd, its less popular than most other cars, its pretty fast and has huge potential. its everything i wanted in a car

Sspikey, dont you think your being... presumtuous ?

Youve had your car for what ? not even 6 months...
Ok, I get your story about wanting one for a long time, and all.

Its all good.

But dont you think others might have similar stories ?

Its a great car to have fun in, your not the first to own one, and you wont be the last.

Why come on here and instigate ?
If you dont want flaming, dont spread the gasoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back