senior gets off the hook for "stunt" driving in ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter Steve

Legacy Member
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen...=4a6fde2d-1e04-4ca8-bb96-dbbd946ca632&k=13267

A 76-year-old Quadeville man treated like a street racer after his Lincoln Town Car was pulled over for speeding last month was "relieved" to receive a reduced fine yesterday.

Norman Harding, who said he was heading to a doctor's appointment with his wife in Pembroke on Jan. 17 when his car passed a truck and was eventually clocked travelling 130 km/h in an 80 km/h zone, was given a $343 fine.

The Crown reduced the charge to one of travelling 49 km/h above the limit, which took it out of the realm of stiff penalties aimed at street racers and people who travel 50 km/h or more above the speed limit.

it just so happens the arresting officer Mark Mackisoc is my cousin. and i think he's right, the law is there to stop EVERYONE from driving more than 50km/h over the limit not just kids. if it had been anyone from this site that was caught doing that speed, i doubt the crown would have been so willing to reduce the fine!

Ha.. new ****ing law of piece of shit mother****a ass wiping sluts bastards ****tards little pricks sucking bithces!

That law is ridiculous.. street racing my ass. This law should be taken down and whomever instore it scalped and lynched on national TV. No, actually, scalped, then you cut off his balls and replace his eyes with them! ****ing mother****er

i dont think anyone should be doing 50kmh over the speed limit anyways, but i dont think this law should have been made, its over the top, it should have been left the way it was.

question, is it only in T.O. that this law is in place, cuz i heard some talk about quebec as well soon?

i dont think anyone should be doing 50kmh over the speed limit anyways, but i dont think this law should have been made, its over the top, it should have been left the way it was.

question, is it only in T.O. that this law is in place, cuz i heard some talk about quebec as well soon?

We now have a similar law in Quebec with the new Law 42 thing.. there's a thread in the CSR section about it.

And how can you say anyone shouldn't be going 50 kmh over the speed limit? Ever thought of Decarie? or boul. Sources where there's three lanes and the limit is at 50kmh?
If we had limits for normal people and not grade A retards then I'd have to agree but our limits are just ridiculous. Even my little brother think they're lame!

Imho

Silly law... they dont realize this but cars like Caravans, oldsmobile Aeros (v6 in general), Bmws are usually the ones that are speeding 50kmplus. I noticed cause i am surprised to see these people cutting everyone off...

They are supposed to be the middle aged tax paying law obidding citizens... not middle aged street racers. ( but we see this all the time!!)

Anyways.. these cars are way faster than any civic or golf.. street racers my arse.

Time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back