looking for an office job

Status
Not open for further replies.

iron_cannibal

Dont really know where to start. I'm a 21 year old welder looking to get out of welding. I hope to get into concordia for the fall 2008 semester to get a bachelors in business admin. I'll be doing my studies part time evening. I am looking for a full time day time office job. I dont mind doing customer service or any of that. I am level headed, very punctual, reliable, a quick learner and bilingual (writen french could use some work). i'm looking for something preferably in the west island, but anywhere will do. One thing I am not looking for is telemarketingor to be one of those people that calls customers to do customer satisfaction surveys. if anyone has a job for me, or works for a company that is hiring, please, let me know. An office job will greatly help me out with my future studies.

Sincerely,
-George

If you have any technical background I know my company is always looking. There are also a lot of recruiters/headhunters around for people with technical backgrounds (office work)

What you could try doing if you really want customer service is go apply at Fido, Rogers, Telus, Bell (I know blackberry support was looking for people a month back) etc etc Even the credit card companies if you dont have a criminal background would do and they all pay decent. Unfortunatly the only one I know of that is not downtown is Bell BlackBerry Support which is in Dorval.

If you have any technical background I know my company is always looking. There are also a lot of recruiters/headhunters around for people with technical backgrounds (office work)

What you could try doing if you really want customer service is go apply at Fido, Rogers, Telus, Bell (I know blackberry support was looking for people a month back) etc etc Even the credit card companies if you dont have a criminal background would do and they all pay decent. Unfortunatly the only one I know of that is not downtown is Bell BlackBerry Support which is in Dorval.

by technical backround what do you mean? and to apply at rogers and what not, i just apply online on the web sites?

i just looked up on rogers, telus and fido, they need people with flexible schedules. once i start school this will be impossible. but thanks for your help anyways.

Almost all office jobs require 'flexible schedules' They could put me on overnight if they wanted to and I wouldnt be able to say sh!t. If you do well now and you complete the tasks they have set for you and you exceed, a month before school starts tell them what your schedule will be approx. and they'll work around it if you're an employee worth keeping. The key is to make yourself worth it to them.

Technical background meaning if you know how to basic troubleshoot the basic troubles of everyday office life then that's what I mean by it. Depending on the job you get obviously, you might support a company directly, a couple of companies, or one companies clients. It all depends on the company you work for.

Personally if they dont keep me here Im going to go apply to Telus. Maybe another corporate helpdesk? It all depends on what you want man. People complain that there are no good jobs out there, the thing is that they just arent asking the right questions and looking in the right places.

from welder - office guy.. thats a big jump. i say stick with the manual labour *tu*

Welder - Physically tired
Office job - Mentally tired and Stress

The guy is doing Business Admin in university, so switching to an office job is good.
Most office jobs needs to be full time tho. Except Night Data Entry and telemarketing

The guy is doing Business Admin in university, so switching to an office job is good.
Most office jobs needs to be full time tho. Except Night Data Entry and telemarketing

i'll be doing school part time evenings. so i'm looking for full time day time office job

from welder - office guy.. thats a big jump. i say stick with the manual labour *tu*

i would stay with welding but working at 7 am doesn't help much if you go to school evenings. plus i want out of welding, inhaling all those fumes all day really gets to you. even with a filtration mask on it doesn't seem to help much. i have never gotten more sick than in my 2 years of welding.

Sleep well, eat well, and stay healthy (gym, cardio, any physical activity) and you shouldnt be physically tired. Although as stated, depending on where you are welding, the work conditions arent the best.

As for office job, stress and mental tiredness are only states of mind. People stress over the dumbest things. The more you stress, the worse EVERYTHING gets. Just relax and do your work at a steady pace and you'll be fine. Mental tiredness... well I turn to MR for that :p No but seriously if you have a window, take a look outside, get up and walk for a minute or two every hour or half hour depending on how much work you have, etc.

Coping isnt hard, people just over exagurate about everything nowadays for some reason.

I sent you a PM with the contact info of a girl who might be able to find you what you are looking for. Go in for the meeting with her and she'll explain everything in detail to you, or you can just ask over the phone (the meeting isnt an interview, she makes commission on finding you a job, so no matter who you are, if you go to her, she'll try and find you a spot *tu*)

Dont really know where to start. I'm a 21 year old welder looking to get out of welding. I hope to get into concordia for the fall 2008 semester to get a bachelors in business admin. I'll be doing my studies part time evening. I am looking for a full time day time office job. I dont mind doing customer service or any of that. I am level headed, very punctual, reliable, a quick learner and bilingual (writen french could use some work). i'm looking for something preferably in the west island, but anywhere will do. One thing I am not looking for is telemarketingor to be one of those people that calls customers to do customer satisfaction surveys. if anyone has a job for me, or works for a company that is hiring, please, let me know. An office job will greatly help me out with my future studies.

Sincerely,
-George

Do you have any html or photoshop knowledge? Check out our job listing, it's an office job in customer service and marketing in Napierville: http://forums.montrealracing.com/de...-customer-service-online-sales-job-offer.html

send your CV to kthibault@twmperformance.com if you're interested.

Kevin
TWM Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back