maxima owners: advice plz??

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_wei

Legacy Member
hey guys, i have a 96 maxima se, do you think an intake and y-pipe will hurt my engine or should i leave it stock cuz i wanna keep the car a long time?

no, infact you will gain about 20hp more...
that's approximate too...

the ypipe gives you about 15 more hp at the wheels...
alot of research and dynos have been done on this... it's indeed
between 10-15 hp...

intake and b-pipe will probably free up another 5hp or more :D

it won't hurt your car at all

your car will thank you for letting him breath easier!:bigup:

we can compare the thing with someone with a mask on his face while running, remove the mask and he will have less effort to make to run.

For sure you have to install both, your car will breath well, and your gas mileage will actually improve......then when you put those mods on, equip your maxima with mevi, you'll be pleasantly surprised

hey B_man, you have installed the MEVI right!? Tell me how's it feels? Installation, acceleration and all!! :bigup:

It feels great, and much more refined...as for the talk of there being a dramatic loss in mid range power i have yet to really notice it. I also put on the y, b pipe, with a frankencar intake to add power so i wouldn't lose that much mid range. After 5000rpm the car is a beast, power just keeps coming up until 6500rpm, my next mod is the jwt ecu.......it's crazy expensive though

Originally posted by B_man
It feels great, and much more refined...as for the talk of there being a dramatic loss in mid range power i have yet to really notice it. I also put on the y, b pipe, with a frankencar intake to add power so i wouldn't lose that much mid range. After 5000rpm the car is a beast, power just keeps coming up until 6500rpm, my next mod is the jwt ecu.......it's crazy expensive though

so are you going to the julep eventually? or lafleurs?
I'm going to have to see this! :D heh

ya sooner or later i'll show up, im going on vacation for a couple of weeks so maybe after that...i'll be at napi every now and then to test the car out.

Originally posted by B_man
ya sooner or later i'll show up, im going on vacation for a couple of weeks so maybe after that...i'll be at napi every now and then to test the car out.

i'll have to go down then once or so... race against ya, see what the diff is ;-) hehehe

what kind of mods do u have in your car...is it auto or manual.....and most importantly does your ecu throw codes all the time that constantly keeps your engine light on...even when there's nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back